Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had kieran trippier also who went on to play for spurs, athletico Madrid and an England regular too.

That was 8 years ago. 8 years on there is no denying you have to look very carefully at how buying from a club that play a certain way because it may not be suitable for another club.
Wages also look very high for a player who will be 30 going into the season. High wages that he will still be on at 33/34?
Its no wonder our finances are the way they are.

This is definitely one of those potential signings where if there was no link and someone mentioned it in the transfer thread then basically nobody would be on board

However, because there's a link people are now saying it's a potentially good signing

long story short, football is weird

A proper defender we just finished sixteenth we can't turn our noses up at him when we only have one who is never fit anyway

That was 8 years ago. 8 years on there is no denying you have to look very carefully at how buying from a club that play a certain way because it may not be suitable for another club.
Wages also look very high for a player who will be 30 going into the season. High wages that he will still be on at 33/34?
Its no wonder our finances are the way they are.
My point is don't tar all players with the same brush . Centre halfs get better with age within reason.

My point is don't tar all players with the same brush . Centre halfs get better with age within reason.

I tend not to. And im not here. Fullback and centre half are very different positions and roles in the team.
Whatever way people mould it we could end up with 3 centre halfs at this club who all got relegated. Two with burnley 1 with norwich.
Nobody will convince me we're cherry picking from the best of the rest. Nearly getting relegated ourselves this season isnt doing the argument any justice.
Odd player maybe. Pack your team out with them and you'll end up with a relegated side.

What age were they when they signed for Liverpool, have they not all gone through their best years as a player and are in the twilight of their careers now?
He's literally making the opposite point of what he thinks he is every time he brings up that lot

I posted this in the summer transfer thread yesterday.

Summer 2020 Moyes bid £20mil then £30mil and the West Ham board wouldnt sanction an offer closer to Burnleys £50mil valuation.

Tarkowski hasnt got worse since then, hes got better. Generally a good judge of centre back, for Moyes to be asking his board to pay over £30mil for one they must be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.