2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.
Stop it, thats soft in the head stuff, Alli is the nearest we will get to James again for some seasons... Totally was the difference in midfield on Thursday.

Lampard hasnt been impressed with his effort during training at times. Get him sold immediately... if he isnt working hard at a new club in the plight we have been in then its curtains.
After hearing those comments, I think he'll be advised to tell his agent to look for a move.

Lampard seems to be very big on professionalism, and while I think Alli was a very good player in his best days at Tottenham, he doesn't have the sort of surpassing talent needed to mitigate poor lifestyle choices.

Didnt watch the arsenal game so have no idea how he was there.

Obviously, he adds intent when he plays. He is always thinking forwards and he is assuming he has players around him who think similarly ... which we dont :) Have seen multiple times in his appearances the no-look flick or pass into space where, in his head, there is a Kane or a Son already full-pelt attacking attacking the area. Then he looks dazed or confused or frustrated when he sees no-one going after it.

So there is obviously a lot of chemistry to be established, a change in mindset and tactics to see the best of him.

I dunno what his salary is, but if its ~100k or less I think he is worth keeping next season under the assumption Frank is gonna work on a new Everton for next season - one that isn't still under the shadow of FSW negativity. I would love to assume a more attacking team with DCL/Richy/Alli + one of Gordon/Gray as more established attacking 4 and a full pre-season to establish the rapport and chemistry and that would bring the best out of Dele

My impression of him (from the amazon series and other non-footballing clips) is that he isnt the sharpest tool in the box, a bit of a space-cadet outside of the pitch - he is good at doing what he does best which is linking midfield to attack.... but I dont think there is much scope for teaching him to play any other way or in any other style... he is what is he is and if the formation, tactics and surrounding players support his way of playing he will be really effective. If we don't want to play in a way the 100% suits him we should bin him immediately as he will just be demoralised and ineffective

Cant believe the fella who got called out by mourinho for being the worst trainer he's ever had might actually be a bad trainer. Shocking I know

Didnt watch the arsenal game so have no idea how he was there.

Obviously, he adds intent when he plays. He is always thinking forwards and he is assuming he has players around him who think similarly ... which we dont :) Have seen multiple times in his appearances the no-look flick or pass into space where, in his head, there is a Kane or a Son already full-pelt attacking attacking the area. Then he looks dazed or confused or frustrated when he sees no-one going after it.

So there is obviously a lot of chemistry to be established, a change in mindset and tactics to see the best of him.

I dunno what his salary is, but if its ~100k or less I think he is worth keeping next season under the assumption Frank is gonna work on a new Everton for next season - one that isn't still under the shadow of FSW negativity. I would love to assume a more attacking team with DCL/Richy/Alli + one of Gordon/Gray as more established attacking 4 and a full pre-season to establish the rapport and chemistry and that would bring the best out of Dele

My impression of him (from the amazon series and other non-footballing clips) is that he isnt the sharpest tool in the box, a bit of a space-cadet outside of the pitch - he is good at doing what he does best which is linking midfield to attack.... but I dont think there is much scope for teaching him to play any other way or in any other style... he is what is he is and if the formation, tactics and surrounding players support his way of playing he will be really effective. If we don't want to play in a way the 100% suits him we should bin him immediately as he will just be demoralised and ineffective
There have been a few times where he's been visably frustrated by how safely and negatively some of his teammates have been.

There was a point in the Palace game where he was offering for the ball and, Doucoure I think, just passed it back to our CBs and killed the move.

There have been a few times where he's been visably frustrated by how safely and negatively some of his teammates have been.

There was a point in the Palace game where he was offering for the ball and, Doucoure I think, just passed it back to our CBs and killed the move.
Noticed this also, he didn't hide his frustration at this either.

That was during the peak hipster period on here where Mourinho was a dinosaur who didn’t know what he was going because he’d only won two trophies at United and had Spurs in a league cup final.
Yeah Mourinho is a dinosaur who knows nothing. We saw him put in a half decent performance against Palace and forgot the dross he served up before that and the walking aimlessly around the pitch and the passing to the opposition.

Come on mate he's clearly not good enough

I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.
There's a bit more to a performance than an edited montage on a website. The lad's been here less than 4 months with little football under his belt and coming into an absolute shambles of a side. And regardless of that I can't envision how Everton get rid of a player Spurs could only move on with a convoluted free / £20M to a desperate club in a relegation battle with no manager and big holes in their recruitment dept. On January deadline day to boot.

Gordon was very poor against Palace in terms of what he did with the ball. But to decide that means a very promising young player isn't good enough and should be gotten rid of is utter wham. He wouldn't get as many minutes in a better team but he's clearly a talented player with scope to develop into a very good PL player. Time and time again there are some on here who think a 21 year old should be the finished article despite mountains of evidence to the contrary in the PL and the world over.

Reactions: SJB

Status
Not open for further replies.