Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I say this every year, but we need two new central midfielders at minimum. We have none at the moment who are up to the required standard. That’s priority one imo

Centre backs and centre mids - at least two of each. If we are going to change the way we play to have more of the ball and play out from the back more, that's where you start

I feel like I say this every year, but we need two new central midfielders at minimum. We have none at the moment who are up to the required standard. That’s priority one imo

I'm pretty sure that only Dacoure out of (Dacoure, Allan, Gomes, Iceland, Delph) will be here next season, maybe Davies

Leaves us literally needing 3 minimum incoming.

Gilmour is likely to be one (one year left, stocks fallen, really liked by Lampard who got some great displays out of him), guessing we'll try for Gallacher (or similar) and need a proper defensive midfielder, whatever we have to spend, can see most if it going on this position.

Some combination of Dacoure, Gilmour, Gallacher, a Gueye type, Davies, Deli for those spots.

Short breakdown, we likely need 6-7 players in this season, assuming we lose at least one starting cb and one starting forward.

2 cbs, 3 cm, 1-2 forwards
giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure that only Dacoure out of (Dacoure, Allan, Gomes, Iceland, Delph) will be here next season, maybe Davies

Gilmour is likely to be one (one year left, stocks fallen, really liked by Lampard who got some great displays out of him), guessing we'll try for Gallacher (or similar) and need a proper defensive midfielder, whatever we have to spend, can see most if it going on this position.

Some combination of Dacoure, Gilmour, Gallacher, a Gueye type, Davies, Deli for those spots.
Please stop leaving out our best central midfielder Alex Iwobi. Thanks.

View attachment 167271

This is an exciting link. Yes that is a massive appreciation of price from his move to turkey a year ago, but under the 20 million mark for a player of his potential is a really exciting proposition. I have just watched highlights and a few game reels so wont suggests I know more than that, but came away VERY impressed.

Upside, age profile, price and positional need are all in the catalyst Everton should be targeting. Beyond Min-Jae I hope similar profiles are the basis of the summer moves.

Downside
Same agency as Oumar Niasse.

Who have big big links with our good friend Mr Joorachiabian

Add in Iwobi, I think it became clear that his best position is in central midfield.

I dont know who we end up buying this window, but I truly hope the new DOF and Lamps do serious work to evaluate the character and mental makeup of any new transfers coming in.

It seems in football not enough research goes into that aspect of the transfer window. We need good character lads who work hard, aren't timid, and are hungry for success. Please no more players who like taking off January, enjoy the trainers table more than the pitch, and cower when things get tough.

Talent was not Everton's issue this season. The mental makeup of the Staff and players were.

Status
Not open for further replies.