Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray, Mylenko, Patterson, Deli, VdB loan

All pretty much for the Digne fee

Need to replicate that with sales this year.

Kean goes for 20m+ then bring in two players who can improve the first team (a buy a loan fee and a punt on a young player). Same for any other sales

I think that the Digne-Myko-Patterson sell one buy two transaction is the blueprint for how we’ll do business, for example sell Richy and spend half on a direct replacement and half on, say, a creative midfielder, maybe even squeeze three players depending on the fee. Or sell Pickford and spend half on a gk and the other half on a young cb.

Don’t particularly want either to leave but when we have a weak squad with weak cover that’s probably the route to a more robust squad overall.

It works the opposite way as well.

Weve got so many players that in alot of cases we could actually sell 2 and sign 1 lol

CB: Mina, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Keane, Holgate we could sell 2 of them and sign 1.

CM: Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi we could sell 2 and sign 1.

FW: Richarlison, DCL, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Townsend, Gray, Dele we could sell 3 and sign 1.

Depends of course how were planning to setup.

I think the key to this window is going to be quick sales.

1: Sigurdsson out of contract
2: Kenny out of contract
3: Tosun out of contract
4: Delph out of contract
5: Lonergan out of contract
6: Van De Beek end of loan
7: El Ghazi end of loan
8: Kean clause triggered early
9: Allan
10: Mina
11 Holgate
12: Keane
13: Gomes
14: Gbamin
15: Rondon
16: Virginia
17: Gray

Theres 9 players below Kean that we should be really pushing agents to move them on.

Its a large amount but even 5 or 6 players out makes a huge difference.

For once it would be nice to have a big clearout and bring in less players but higher potential and quality in a smaller squad.

I don't think he does but he definitely doesn't if you only look at the league which is all that really matters right now for us.

Anyway I think Allardyce got 34 points from 24, Frank just got 20 from 18.
He does. Maybe not the league, but thats partly for the reasons I mentioned above.

Allardyce also had us safe and continued to play in the same crap way of grinding out points. I can assure you that lampard will try and play better football.

He does. Maybe not the league, but thats partly for the reasons I mentioned above.

Allardyce also had us safe and continued to play in the same crap way of grinding out points. I can assure you that lampard will try and play better football.
I hope you're right.

One glides forward with the ball, one stutters, one has an array of raking passes, the other plays short balls to feet. One has a great strike from distance on him, one doesn’t. It’s only recently Iwobi has added any combative aspect to his game.

Chalk and cheese.

Look at the way we played vs Leeds. The brentford Cup game. That's how he will want to play. But he needs the players to manage that consistently, as well as avoiding the worst injury list in the league.
I think that he wasn't able to maintain that level and had to resort to Dycheness is a bad sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.