Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We where better when we had no money to spend... Hopefully we'll go back to doing actual due diligence on transfers and players instead of spending what little money we have so frivolously.
We will be listening to good offers for any player. Hardly a news story.

I don't understand how Mina would not be available. Unless we think it's smart to keep losing players on free transfers.

Reasons to keep Mina, he's by far and away our best cb, in fact when fit our defensive record is pretty decent. Maybe part of the thing Lampard said about everything needing changing refers to the medical department and as such he thinks Minas fitness problems can be addressed (none of his injuries are ones that should have a long term reoccurring factor (hammy, Achilles, etc) so IF we can sort out that department we end up with a Mina that was before he arrived who hardly ever missed any time.

Other thing to factor in as well, Mina is entering his last year, chances are no one's gonna pay now when he's free in 12 months, so best we could do is get part of his wages paid by loaning him.

With Keane there's a good chance so wine will actually give us a decentish fee for him, good fitness record, lit if experience and in the right system or with the right cb partner alongside him he's actually a decent player.

One glides forward with the ball, one stutters, one has an array of raking passes, the other plays short balls to feet. One has a great strike from distance on him, one doesn’t. It’s only recently Iwobi has added any combative aspect to his game.

Chalk and cheese.
You're talking about ability more than style I think. Iwobi plays a similar game he's just well well worse.

It works the opposite way as well.

Weve got so many players that in alot of cases we could actually sell 2 and sign 1 lol

CB: Mina, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Keane, Holgate we could sell 2 of them and sign 1.

CM: Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi we could sell 2 and sign 1.

FW: Richarlison, DCL, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Townsend, Gray, Dele we could sell 3 and sign 1.

Depends of course how were planning to setup.

I think the key to this window is going to be quick sales.

1: Sigurdsson out of contract
2: Kenny out of contract
3: Tosun out of contract
4: Delph out of contract
5: Lonergan out of contract
6: Van De Beek end of loan
7: El Ghazi end of loan
8: Kean clause triggered early
9: Allan
10: Mina
11 Holgate
12: Keane
13: Gomes
14: Gbamin
15: Rondon
16: Virginia
17: Gray

Theres 9 players below Kean that we should be really pushing agents to move them on.

Its a large amount but even 5 or 6 players out makes a huge difference.

For once it would be nice to have a big clearout and bring in less players but higher potential and quality in a smaller squad.

Don't see Holgate leaving and only see one of Mina/Keane leaving (likely Keane I think) think Gray will be here too as he brings something we lack aside of him, direct player with pace

Keane and not Mina? That, to me, is an odd one. Yes, Mina is the better player, but he is completely unreliable from a health standpoint. Put a strong partner back there with him and Keane is at least serviceable and available. He would be fine as a 3rd CB (or 4th if we play a back 3).

Mina just teases you with what might be for 40 or 50 minutes and then goes back to the physio room until the next international break.
No manager in the world would want a player like Mina.... his fitness is like russian roulette, how can you ever build when your best defender is hardly available to be the best.

May the prem is too physical for his build, maybe a slower pace game will reduce his muscular injuries

Isn't Townsend crocked until December? I don't fancy our chances of selling him, and it makes me doubt the veracity of this gentleman's information.

Thats why the twitter post seems to be nonsense.

I dont believe the club are even contemplating being able to sell Townsend.

I also dont think Davies is for sale as Lampard praised him recently and will probably want to see him in pre season.

You've seen our squad right? And rhe injuries it's had?
Yes mate, I know the players aren't good. He also didn't do anything to elevate them. We're going to get to see how it goes with new players but the main thinking is "well he didn't want to play like that" which is fine but it also just ignores all that happened this year as evidence.

He does. Maybe not the league, but thats partly for the reasons I mentioned above.

Allardyce also had us safe and continued to play in the same crap way of grinding out points. I can assure you that lampard will try and play better football.
This. Allardyce got 10 points from his first 4 games and which added to Unsworth's win against West Ham had us easily safe before Christmas. He then spent £50m but continued with the negative football and got only 24 points from his final 20 games. He deserved to go. He was taking us nowhere.

Reasons to keep Mina, he's by far and away our best cb, in fact when fit our defensive record is pretty decent. Maybe part of the thing Lampard said about everything needing changing refers to the medical department and as such he thinks Minas fitness problems can be addressed (none of his injuries are ones that should have a long term reoccurring factor (hammy, Achilles, etc) so IF we can sort out that department we end up with a Mina that was before he arrived who hardly ever missed any time.

Other thing to factor in as well, Mina is entering his last year, chances are no one's gonna pay now when he's free in 12 months, so best we could do is get part of his wages paid by loaning him.

With Keane there's a good chance so wine will actually give us a decentish fee for him, good fitness record, lit if experience and in the right system or with the right cb partner alongside him he's actually a decent player.
Good shout about the medical department, will be interesting to see what other changes Frank makes this summer. I could also easily make the argument that the value Mina would provide in the 15 games he plays next season might be more valuable than the £5-10m we would get for him. It's his high wages that complicate it. Plus it's incredibly disruptive to the defensive organization to always have your best CB injured. Now if we could get to a position where he's our 3rd best CB then it's much less of a problem, but I seriously doubt that can happen this window. The best course is probably to free up the wages for someone who is more durable like Tarkowski (even if it is a step down in ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.