Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats a different matter. You asked how the deal would work well, financially. I havnt a clue if he is any good, cos I dont watch Brentford play.
I still think financially it is bad in the medium. You'll have a rapidly deteriorating value on the books

Don't know why we'd persue buying or trying to buy any player from a fellow Premier League club. Unless it's on a free or cheap deal with last year of contract.

Either way, if it's a top 6 club, we're buying rejects.

Any other club will want to rinse us on the fee and the player the same on wages. There is no incentive for them otherwise. It's a sideways move on a better contract.

Frees and loans ok, but we need a European if not global approach. We'll save on fees and wages and have a better chance of attracting players incentivised by the PL if not Everton directly.

We have to turn our transfer policy into a revenue stream for the long-term. There is an inherent laziness in buying local, dealing with the same agents, and player x I knew at club y. Use it minimally but it shouldn't define policy.

Interference aside, we desperately need for Thelwell to be better than that, far better.

Don't know why we'd persue buying or trying to buy any player from a fellow Premier League club. Unless it's on a free or cheap deal with last year of contract.

Any other club will want to rinse us on the fee and the player the same on wages. There is no incentive for them otherwise. It's a sideways move on a better contract.

Frees and loans ok, but we need a European if not global approach. We'll save on fees and wages and have a better chance of attracting players incentivised by the PL if not Everton directly.

We have to turn our transfer policy into a revenue stream for the long-term. There is an inherent laziness in buying local, dealing with the same agents, and player x I knew at club y. Use it minimally but it shouldn't define policy.

Interference aside, we desperately need for Thelwell to be better than that, far better.
We try to buy the best of the rest, players from outside the top 6, if we buy any from the top 6 it’s because there are issues. But as time had gone on we aren’t even buying the best from the rest, they are either passed there peak and ageing or are still pretty good but injury prone so we rarely see them play.

We cant afford to sell 2 CBs and replace them with 1.

Its like you didnt see us having only 2 fit CBs for the Brentford game.

Number wise the squad is 24 players, thats a pretty perfect number.

If we sold 9 players and only bought 4, the squad would then be 19 players, which is only just a matchday squad.

Dont forget there are 5 subs next season, now is not the time for going into a Premier League season with only 19 players.

And yes, I know you have me on ignore, but I also know you are reading my posts, but its more for other people to highlight that what you said has no grasp of reality.

And please, the likes of Dobbin and others can not be considered first team players, currently.

From one perspective: we have at least 2 CBs who can be utilized wide (LB/RB) of forward (DM) in spots, so the depth and flexibility are nice to have in the squad.

Alternately: we need depth at the wide positions (RB/LB) and in midfield (CM/DM) and having ill fitting pieces who can "do a job" is a huge albatross to filling out a coherent and functioning squad.

Never seems to work out though. Think everyone thought Brands would find young cheaper European talent.

I still think financially it is bad in the medium. You'll have a rapidly deteriorating value on the books

That depends on the fee, the wages, the term, and if he becomes unsaleable.

In short, DCL out/Toney in equals an improved financial/accounting position. Everything else is guesswork.

Personally, wouldnt do neither, unless we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.