Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably also shouldnt ignore the potential that FFP as we know it will possibly be changed quite drastically fairly soon.

I dont see the Premier League changing their rules much in the short term tho.

We've been here before, Iggy. I wasn't that bothered about Bernard, I just didn't loathe him like you did. You've unsuccessfully tried to vault me on this and Lookman before (according to you I luuuuurve Bernie and despise Lookman, when in reality I thought they were both fine - very occasionally I would get excited or frustrated and you extrapolated that in your own mind). Nobody goes quite as big as you on anybody, you've posted literally hundreds of times about Iwobi, almost universally positively (you compared him with KDB today, ffs) and once you hate someone (which is most Everton players and managers) you stalk their threads criticising anybody who says anything even moderately positive about them. After all of that, you get a titty lip any time anyone calls you out on your arrogant, condescending and, often, bizarre behaviour on here. Maybe move out of your mum's basement in Pensacola, you might meet a nice girl, you never know?
Savage.

I think having our actual CF available would be a good start!
He has been available since Christmas mate, granted match fitness may have been a bit lacking but Id rather sell if we get the chance. Nothing against him but he is a limited player imo, we will always have to play a certain way to get the best out of him which just makes us predictable which is what happened under Carlo.

He has been available since Christmas mate, granted match fitness may have been a bit lacking but Id rather sell if we get the chance. Nothing against him but he is a limited player imo, we will always have to play a certain way to get the best out of him which just makes us predictable which is what happened under Carlo.
He was not fit and seemed to have other issues. When he came back ready, it was obvious. He really looked up for it.

I know he is not a great one on one finisher, but I don’t think having to cross the ball into the area classes as playing in a certain way.

Having Ali play off him would give loads of variation. A player capable of getting twenty goals a season is not to be sniffed at or sold lightly. His replacement will be nowhere near as good.

I was going to write a long reply to this, but this guy seems to have done a better job if it than I would have...

So, in response to stats we get an anecdote. About when he was signed by Brentford. In League One. From Oldham.

He may well have been quick and good on the ball by League One standards. There’s a reason he was signed by the grockmeister extraordinaire and has made his reputation as king of the grocks (once Keane left, because Keane was seen to be the superior defender at the time).

Ultimately it's commercial revenue - player expenses + allowable equity, and EFC was helped out quite a bit by covid allowances. I'm sure the request to the PL on difficulty with player transfers has been related to unmentionable circumstances, since that's sure a huge weight on amortized cost + wages, but in the end there isn't any bright light ahead unless it involves sales. Not to be Esky, but the club is in a bad spot and has lost its shirt sponsor and officially unrelated entity secondary sponsor.
We haven’t “lost our shirt sponsor” at all

Centre backs and centre mids - at least two of each. If we are going to change the way we play to have more of the ball and play out from the back more, that's where you start
I think it’ll be one CB unless Mina or Keane move on. Mina won’t have a World Cup to contend with so maybe he can finally stay healthy for more than 7 minutes? Hopeful I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.