Salty Kopite Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Joey, we left Houlding in his capitalist filthy mire, and went to greener pastures to maintain the great name of Everton FC. We welcomed players from all faiths and none, and all nationalities. We were tolerant and as soon as we voted to leave him and his cronies behind we were free of his grip.

We made Goodison the finest stadium in the League and were to the forefront for decades in leading the way with new developments.

They didn't steal our ground - we just couldn't stand their greed and bigotry any longer. Houlding and his fellow orange bigot and Tory McKenna were left to seethe in their bigotry and penny pinching misery.
Agree with you. It seems, and it’s been lost in time that at the time north Liverpool was full of bigotry and the two clubs were on different sides of the argument including on the subject of Home Rule. Makes me laugh when I read Irish fans say they support LFC because of the links between Ireland and the club because until Ronnie Whelan signed they were basically no links. For them it’s easier to invent things instead of saying “I‘m a glory hunter from the 70s.”

Agree with you. It seems, and it’s been lost in time that at the time north Liverpool was full of bigotry and the two clubs were on different sides of the argument including on the subject of Home Rule. Makes me laugh when I read Irish fans say they support LFC because of the links between Ireland and the club because until Ronnie Whelan signed they were basically no links. For them it’s easier to invent things instead of saying “I‘m a glory hunter from the 70s.”
I've said it before, if you haven't done so already, read David Kennedy's excellent history of the Split. Originally written as an academic article it was later expanded and published as a book.

Very detailed sociological study of late 19th century Liverpool and how lots of tensions between Houlding and the more reasonable Board members led eventually to the majority voting him out, and leaving for Goodison.

This is a good, if concise summary of the actual voting and how Houlding and his acolytes tried Macchiavellian means to subvert to democratic will of the Board - happily the F.A was on the side of the good guys.

Kennedy's PhD dissertation and subsequent book are very detailed regarding the background that led to the final split in 1892.

I've said it before, if you haven't done so already, read David Kennedy's excellent history of the Split. Originally written as an academic article it was later expanded and published as a book.

Very detailed sociological study of late 19th century Liverpool and how lots of tensions between Houlding and the more reasonable Board members led eventually to the majority voting him out, and leaving for Goodison.
Kennedy’s book led me to read other local politica/historical books from that period. Opened my eyes to the EFC/LFC differences and more importantly as to why our city has been behind other English cities in terms of progression.

Steve McManaman: ‘I adore both but my affiliation with Liverpool is greater’​

Which team do you prefer? Seems newsworthy to me. They should do this with every player that played for more than one team 20 years ago

Steve McManaman: ‘I adore both but my affiliation with Liverpool is greater’​

Which team do you prefer? Seems newsworthy to me. They should do this with every player that played for more than one team 20 years ago

Just another Sith seduced by the dark side.

Let`s face it, the media hate us, absolutely hate us....
yep. i think its a badge of honour too. those hacks in the gutter press/media sewer outlets are toxic. we know this because we are constantly on the receiving end of their lies and misconceptions. i`ll give them this - they are consistent, they covered for jimmy saville and sunk even lower (if thats possible) when they hacked poor Milly Dowlers phone. utter low-lives, i`m glad they hate us. give them enough rope...

FC Lance Armstrong , apparently there is a club insider who’s spilled the beans , this guy is good at nailing drug cheats.

I'm not buying it...they're are a good team whether we like it or not. They have recruited well and have a good manager and style of play. We need to own the reality instead of coming up with bizarre justifications for being so far behind them

I'm not buying it...they're are a good team whether we like it or not. They have recruited well and have a good manager and style of play. We need to own the reality instead of coming up with bizarre justifications for being so far behind them
the way LFC fans/media justify tackles like Milner on Silva. Mane on Ederson. Carragarerarer on Nani etc etc ad infinitum

There was a blog flying around last season saying they're basically just taking industrial amounts of caffeine, which as far as I know is not illegal. But for safety reasons they can only do it for 2 years then they have to taper off. Which explains their relatively poor season last season. I guess if that is really true then we'll see proof the season after next.

Status
Not open for further replies.