Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he signs and bombs then this holiday will live long in the memory.

I'd prefer a player to show a little more enthusiasm but such is the reality of dealing with footballers these days.

I get the point around going on holiday before signing if we were the only club in for him

Obviously we are not, so he taking time weighing up his options for the best destination for him and his family

Shows that it isn't just a money thing in my opinion

What a terrible short sighted signing this would be. 30 not long into the season and we’d be stuck with huge wages for 3/4 years. So unimaginative, what do the scouts do!?

Burnley, the most protected centre backs in the league. Full backs who never go past the half way line, a midfield four who never get caught ahead of the ball - clear, head, block, hoof repeat. Suits Tarkowski (in fact any centre back who can head a ball and defend the box down to the ground).

He’ll be moving to a team that gives their centre backs the least protection in the league, left completely exposed game after game and people think he’ll come in and perform just like he has at Burnley?

Give me a break, 100k a week? Deserve everything we get. Utter pish the guy, no better than what we have - albeit he can actually defend and head so maybe slightly better than Godfrey or Holgate.

Unfortunately in the short term we are at present a terrible team, the rebuild wont take a window, likely to take three or four at least

This is a good contract for 2/3 years, don't forget Distan and Barry, both 32

Unfortunately in the short term we are at present a terrible team, the rebuild wont take a window, likely to take three or four at least

This is a good contract for 2/3 years, don't forget Distan and Barry, both 32
Exactly.

Incremental Improvement is all we can do for now.

Is he better than our worst CB? Yes.

Get him in. Get them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.