2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it was just me. That clip on his page promoting himself. Staying up. And the comments under it.
We've staved off relegation. What exactly are you celebrating. Why is the club retweeting this stuff.
I dont want to see a single second of the season thats just gone. Bury it and hope its never brought up again.
I'm uncomfortable just how acceptable its becoming. I saw one comment on there calling him an "Everton legend"

Jesus wept.
It's simple standards. Ours are now in our shoes. Years of Kenwright's expectations management in cahoots with his best buddy Moyes has led to this. It's seeped into our fans too. Relief has led many to suspend the necessary purge that must happen at this club if last season is not to be repeated next. The likes of Iwobi, Holgate, and Delph have been "rehabilitated" by a few vaguely competent efforts over the last six weeks. That sentimental approach will inevitably lead to an action replay of 21/22. People can't say they weren't warned.

Wasnt so much on the pitch. Ok he showed up for the last few months and put effort in. That should be a given all the time.
Its to do with the mentality and attitude surrounding the whole club. Its been poor for a long time but its like mediocrity is just blatantly accepted.
I caught the first part of that alex ferguson thing on ch4 last night. Gordon strachan was talking about the early days of Aberdeen. they got a 1-1 draw at Rangers and the players were celebrating in the dressing room and ferguson walked in and went nuts telling them they drew. What are you celebrating for.
Thats my point. Hunger attitude and winning mentality.
Finishing 16th and staying up by a few points should be relief. Which it was.
You dont start making musical montages of it like its an achievement. There's something a bit deeper there thats very wrong.
Sorry to bring Bill Shankley's name up but when they got beat in the FA cup by a second Division Club.A sport caster came up to him and said what do you think of the result today ,and he said if that was my team i would have them back the next day for training.Because they should be doing that every game,[A WINING MENTALITY ] which we haven't got at this club.

I suppose scoring a massive goal to keep the team in the Premier league doesn't give you much credit in the bank nowadays ey?

Sad to see.

We'd be down if it wasn't for his performances in the last 3 months.

Is he technically brilliant? Nah, though he is technically better than 90% of our players.

His work rate and bravery on the ball set the example for others to follow. And how many times did one of his 70 yard runs to press the opponent get Goodison Park going in the run in?

He has proven his worth to me, and to Lampard it seems. He'll be in the squad next season and deservedly so.

If an offer came in for around 15 mil would you sell?
100%

Iwobi £15mil / Allan £10mil Doucoure £15mil / Gbamin £5mil / Gomes £Free / Davies £7.5mil

Gut the midfield
I suppose scoring a massive goal to keep the team in the Premier league doesn't give you much credit in the bank nowadays ey?

Sad to see.

We'd be down if it wasn't for his performances in the last 3 months.

Is he technically brilliant? Nah, though he is technically better than 90% of our players.

His work rate and bravery on the ball set the example for others to follow. And how many times did one of his 70 yard runs to press the opponent get Goodison Park going in the run in?

He has proven his worth to me, and to Lampard it seems. He'll be in the squad next season and deservedly so.

Thats too sentimental.

Reactions: JLW
100%

Iwobi £15mil / Allan £10mil Doucoure £15mil / Gbamin £5mil / Gomes £Free / Davies £7.5mil

Gut the midfield

Thats too sentimental.
I disagree. I think he's turned a corner and his attitude is infectious. When it comes to Lampard playing front foot pressing football next year you need hard working, intelligent pressers of the ball who can move the ball vertically quickly either by passing or carrying it.

Iwobi ticks them boxes.

Add to that he will happily slot into a few positions if needed.

He might not be a starter next season but I'd definitely want more than 15m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.