2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without any exaggeration I will tell you that his performance away at Villa before he got injured was worse than ANYTHING he has served up since, and probably in the top 5 worst individual performances i've ever seen from an Everton player. And I saw each and every one of Cuco Martina's games for us.

I missed that one, but sounds like I didn't miss a lot.

I think his issue, is a bit like Davies's issue. He takes lots of risks in possession. Before people got used to him, he got away with it, but once they clocked him, he just became a bit of a liability. He will still have the odd game where he looks great (Brentford at home) but in England, playing against big powerful players he just gets the ball taken off him and he loses confidence.

Davies is similar really. If you watched video's of him, you would say go and press him, he will make a mistake.

He is not very good, not athletic enough, and should be sold.
Agreed his mobility is a major issue so many fouls committed because he was out maneuvered just like Barry's final season. But it's also the lack of mental fortitude as well. His decision making in frantic situations is horrid.

No one can break the confidence of a player like Everton fans
Ironic too because Barca fans said the same thing - just look at the comments on that video. In retrospect we were very much the wrong club to come to get his mojo back. Such a good dribbler for a central midfielder especially in his Valencia days.

Unfortunately I don’t see how we get rid of him without heavily subsidising his wages - no-one is going to pay a fee and match what we’re paying him

Reactions: MKS
One goal. That's all he's scored for us. He's probably had about 50+ shots from the edge of the box too, all which have ended up either in the Upper Gwladys or Row Z in the Park End.

I like the lad, the injury definitely took him down a couple of levels, but even without that he wasn't consistent enough and not physical or quick enough for this league.

Would be amazing if we're able to sort a permanent deal for him this summer. Best for all parties.

Unfortunately I don’t see how we get rid of him without heavily subsidising his wages - no-one is going to pay a fee and match what we’re paying him
I agree, think it's only way it will happen. Another big money signing going for free as well. Hopefully, something we'll put right paying wages that are in line with other clubs.

Same for any of our players who are crap (most of them). Absolutely nobody is paying £20m plus 80k a week for Keane, or £10m plus 100k a week for Gomes, or £30m plus 80k a week for Iwobi. A huge shame. Cannot believe this mismanagement of the company finances has been allowed to occur time after time.

No one can break the confidence of a player like Everton fans
00DC1B4F-8444-4C00-8294-79B475093774.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.