New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't know what's wrong with me, in getting less and less excited by every alteration they make. I feel like a should be excited however when it's done I'm expecting it to be a bit like the amex stadium

It'll be bigger than the Amex, but it's generic, will look similar.

BHA-AMex-Stadium-general-view.jpg
p07hv3hs.jpg

It'll be bigger than the Amex, but it's generic, will look similar.

View attachment 170328View attachment 170329
The Aviva Stadium in Dublin has a capacity of 51,500 but due to local objections has 50,000 capacity on three sides with a bizarrely small terrace behind one goal as a result. On three sides it has three tiers, one of which is 'premium seating' in between the two general tiers and also includes boxes.

It's broadly the same height as the Emirates for PL comparison and would have had the same capacity also had they fully built out behind the goal. BMD by comparison will have the same capacity as the Aviva spread across all four sides albeit it looks like the rake/angle in the BMD stands is considerably higher than at the Aviva.

Am expecting BMD then to be a little lower in height than the Emirates and the Aviva as less seats are more spread out. Hopefully the more steeply raked stands, closeness to pitch and overhanging roof makes up for the reduction in capacity from the originally planned 60k. That was the pitch from Dan Meis..

Can someone on here please reassure me that this stadium isn’t going to be a bit “meh”? Seems to be several posters with knowledge of this kind of stuff, I’ll freely admit that i haven’t a clue. If the club are cutting corners and cheapening the whole thing then maybe pressing pause might be no bad thing. Perhaps new owners may upscale again? I don’t know

Can someone on here please reassure me that this stadium isn’t going to be a bit “meh”? Seems to be several posters with knowledge of this kind of stuff, I’ll freely admit that i haven’t a clue. If the club are cutting corners and cheapening the whole thing then maybe pressing pause might be no bad thing. Perhaps new owners may upscale again? I don’t know
The stadium is going to be awesome, don’t worry. Evertonians will make it.

Is it just me...but it looks like that far goal will just be behind the metalwork when it joins up and before anyone moans, I even put a ruler across the photo on my phone...
Ffs Everton..
That's what I thought. That can't be right can it? Who have they got doing the Photoshopping, Bill's mum? Unless the capacity has been reduced to 1,370 due to us having to pay Burnley a billion quid in hush money.

It'll be like any construction project. As soon as the contractor gets involved they'll dumb down the design the best they can to make as much money as they can.