2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I'm out because I don't think a decent manager would have needed to take the middle step of scrapping to stay up before doing the footballing ethos bit. In January I didn't know that step was coming.
We had won 1 in 14. And you expected a manager to come in and start playing pretty football and winning games to comfortably keep us up? Have you not watched much football before this season?

Demanding instant success is foolish and is part of the reason we are in this mess. As that's what we did when moshiri took over. Wanted instant success and threw loads of money at it.

We had won 1 in 14. And you expected a manager to come in and start playing pretty football and winning games to comfortably keep us up? Have you not watched much football before this season?

Demanding instant success is foolish and is part of the reason we are in this mess. As that's what we did when moshiri took over. Wanted instant success and threw loads of money at it.
Yes mate, I actually expect that if we found a decent manager he would be able to correct the poor form. I'm nuts right?

Yes mate, I actually expect that if we found a decent manager he would be able to correct the poor form. I'm nuts right?
Yeah, cause I distinctly remember us continuing the trend of 1 win in 14 games after lampard took over as well. So that poor form was halted even with our bottom quarter squad.

Who do you class as a decent manager? I've asked a few times and you haven't shared.

Do you think Eddie howe did a decent job with Newcastle?

Yeah, cause I distinctly remember us continuing the trend of 1 win in 14 games after lampard took over as well. So that poor form was halted even with our bottom quarter squad.

Who do you class as a decent manager? I've asked a few times and you haven't shared.
We really weren't much better from Rafael to Lampard where we? Lampard was 20 in 18. We had 19 in the rest and Dunc had a couple of games in between.

Anyway I said before I don't care what our total is so much as I want us to play better. Again better, not prettier.

Manager tiers:

Pep, Conte, Klopp

Tuchel

Moyes, Potter, Ten Hag, Arteta (I guess? He's hard)

Then it's a whole mess which I'd include Frank in.

And then in the pit of despair is Steve Bruce.

We really weren't much better from Rafael to Lampard where we? Lampard was 20 in 18. We had 19 in the rest and Dunc had a couple of games in between.

Anyway I said before I don't care what our total is so much as I want us to play better. Again better, not prettier.

Manager tiers:

Pep, Conte, Klopp

Tuchel

OK, so above lampard, is a load of managers who weren't going to come to us because they are all in jobs at clubs that weren't struggling at the bottom of the table.

But yeah, we should have hired one of them.

Manager tiers:

Pep, Conte, Klopp

Tuchel

The thing with Benitez though, is we had a pre season, and it had fallen apart under him.

I think I'm making it sound like I thought we should be awesome and really I'm just saying I don't think needing to spawn a comeback at home to Palace was necessary. It didn't have to come to that.

No perhaps not. I do think we were in a bit of a mess though. He did well to bring us through that and keep us up.

Do you think there were a plethora of managers out there who would have done that? I'm not wholly convinced either way.

Can see him gone by xmas. He somehow stumbled over the line thanks in no short part to the fans especially at home. His away record both in points total and performance were truly shocking.
Took him 5 or so weeks to realize our CB struggle with defending never mind given the extra responsibility of playing out from back. Stumbled upon Iwobi in the 8 then promptly dropped him to RwB.
It's a pity because I like his passion but he just seems clueless

Benitez would have relegated us just like he did Newcastle.
Somebody had to come in and stop the rot, Pereira  May have done it - who knows?
For various reasons Lampard got the nod and he did...eventually, just, with a lot of help from us - stopped the rot.

But hey, according to some - It was all the fans fault anyway...rolls eyes.

Edit; How he and the team go next season is anybodys guess and dependant on any number of factors, many beyond his and our control

Wait
And
See, aka, one game at a time - then theres this stupid world cup in Nov to complicate matters too

Last edited:
I think I'm making it sound like I thought we should be awesome and really I'm just saying I don't think needing to spawn a comeback at home to Palace was necessary. It didn't have to come to that.
seriously? where were we porky in that match? Coleman was unlucky having the ball bounce off his shin and Ayew shouldnt have been on the pitch to score from it. Zaha shouldve been sent off late on too, and probably on another day all things considered we wouldve beat them about 7-1. the thing that chewed me up at the time was Watford away, they were there for the taking and (being kind) maybe Frank was too cautious but it nearly cost us big fannying about in a nil nil draw

Status
Not open for further replies.