Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes played the same amount of games at DM in the Premier League as I have mate.

But ok.

We need a proper DM, somebody who can tackle, Zinky isnt that player.

I think people are just trying to cope with the idea that we aren't linked with any DMs.

For me, it'll be an instant mark against Thelwell and Lampard if we aren't at least heavily linked with one this Summer.

Hes played the same amount of games at DM in the Premier League as I have mate.

But ok.

We need a proper DM, somebody who can tackle, Zinky isnt that player.

He hadn’t played left back at City but he adapted to that. I’m sure he could sit in the base of our midfield, spray a few balls around and put a few tackles in. He’d be better than anything we’ve had there since Gueye.

Unless we pull off a scouting miracle and somehow unearth the next Casemiro for a fee we can afford then we’ll be ending jp with an average DM anyway, I’m sure a player as intelligent as Zinchenko could easily adapt.

Pirlo hadn’t played in holding mid before Ancelotti moved him there etc. etc. there’s loads of examples of players moving positions. The lad can defend and play midfield at the highest level, I’m sure he can combine the two to a good enough level for a bottom half prem team.

I think people are just trying to cope with the idea that we aren't linked with any DMs.

For me, it'll be an instant mark against Thelwell and Lampard if we aren't at least heavily linked with one this Summer.

The plan I’d suggest might be a high press as opposed to a midfield anchor 6.

Seemed to me that was the plan and approach in Franks initial games before we went on to containment and counter.

Last edited:
He hadn’t played left back at City but he adapted to that. I’m sure he could sit in the base of our midfield, spray a few balls around and put a few tackles in. He’d be better than anything we’ve had there since Gueye.

Unless we pull off a scouting miracle and somehow unearth the next Casemiro for a fee we can afford then we’ll be ending jp with an average DM anyway, I’m sure a player as intelligent as Zinchenko could easily adapt.

Pirlo hadn’t played in holding mid before Ancelotti moved him there etc. etc. there’s loads of examples of players moving positions. The lad can defend and play midfield at the highest level, I’m sure he can combine the two to a good enough level for a bottom half prem team.
Ah right, we are aiming for bottom half of the Premier League, in that case, who even needs a DM.

The boy has looked good, offensively, thats what hes done mostly for City, attack and he looks decent.

Cant say im gonna be judging him defensively on a few games against the Pub League players from Wales and Scotland like.

IMO, we need a proper DM in the DM role, Zinchenko isnt that, could he "make do", probably, should we not worry about making do and sign the next Casemiro? A tough ask, I would settle for the next Carsley.

BUT.

If we play 352 or 343, you dont "really" need a DM that does the dogwork, in theory, I mean 1 would be super, against the bigger boys.

Why not put to round pegs in round holes rather than invest heavily in a player and play him out of position

Signing a competent DM isn't a miracle. We're one of the few clubs that can't do it.

Ah right, we are aiming for bottom half of the Premier League, in that case, who even needs a DM.

The boy has looked good, offensively, thats what hes done mostly for City, attack and he looks decent.

Cant say im gonna be judging him defensively on a few games against the Pub League players from Wales and Scotland like.

IMO, we need a proper DM in the DM role, Zinchenko isnt that, could he "make do", probably, should we not worry about making do and sign the next Casemiro? A tough ask, I would settle for the next Carsley.

BUT.

If we play 352 or 343, you dont "really" need a DM that does the dogwork, in theory, I mean 1 would be super, against the bigger boys.
Especially since all he did in this World Cup qualifiers was attack

BUT.

Scary thing is at the moment the nearest thing we have to a DM is Tom Davies, as Allan gets drawn to the ball too often and leaves huge gaps behind him, plus G'bamin is made of pasta so cant rely on him.

Think you are correct Zinchenko isn't a DM, but would be excellent playing the left side of the three in Midfield, I also think he would struggle in a two though, but he is the best we have been linked with so far?

Given the Wham lists you supply we are getting linked with some woeful players

Last edited:
Is this Dwight or billy ?

Honestly you’re head is in the clouds if you think he can do all them things at a good enough level to take us forward. He wouldn’t get in our team now, and gray isn’t good enough, but I’d have him all day over that Burnley bum.

And Zinchenko is a different player, he can play as 2 in midfield or as a 3
I know right...usually is when its Everton ;)

I'd argue Dennis is better than McNeil anyway, the lad isn't all that at all. Nowhere near a £30m player for a team in our current financial predicament.
Then I dont believe youve watched much of Dennis :p

No ones saying McNeil is a £30mil player this summer...hes been linked at £15mil.

You mean apart from all the times he's done it for Ukraine?
Ive posted the very same thing myself.

Hes not played regularly in the premier league at left back let alone centre mid.

We dont know how he'll do there for City let alone Everton.

Im optimistic but theres no real evidence to say one way or the other.

38 games in the league would suggest he was more in than out. Cornet( not saying id want him) has 9 goals in 26 games, McNeil has 7 in 134. But apparently he carries the ball well
Youre quoting stats for goals...but not for ball carrying, passing or defensive work.

Id say from seeing him that McNeil oblitetates Cornet across all three.

Its a guess but im confident.
Grealish and McNeil ! I'm not seeing the similarities. But ever the optimist I suppose.
Well you made the comparison of circumstance...top teams didnt sign Grealish when he was relegated.
Zat's McNeil takes are Max Aarons level bad

You want to finish 17th playing what you think is pretty football.

You dont rate quality players.

You dont understand squad building with low funds.

Aarons and McNeil both get into our squad and offer competition. Both young, English and good long term value at mid-table that can improve.

Id take both.
Half this forum would have loved to have spent £30-40m on Aarons last year.
It can be pure madness on here sometimes
I only noticed McNeill twice last season, when I watched Burnley towards the end, went on a lovely run but looked about as fast and Osman and McFadden, the type that takes you on but is slow to get away he has to take you on again and again.

Hes not quick, but he is effective.

Grealish, between the ages of 21-24 was in the championship, not doing a huge amount. Never getting more than six goals or assists in any of the seasons. McNeil is a really good player, he's good on the ball and has a great left foot. He's easily good enough to start every game for us. 20M would be a good price... That's the kind of fee that gets you an untried (at the top level) but promising championship forward.

Pretty sure he played on the wing
They had wood and then bought that weghorst in January . Towards the end of the season they started to play 442 and he was on the wing. V us in the 3-2 game. Weghorst and Rodriguez were the 2 strikers

Majority of games at centre forward

He was talented, but so was McNeil. But if you are that special and everyone knows how good you are, you don't spend 3 years in the championship from 21-24 putting up numbers that are very meh.

And no, you are right, I wouldn't replace Richarlison with him, completely different player. But someone like McNeil would improve us and play on the right wing every game for us without a doubt.

I'd have Gordon + McNeil competing on the left.

One left footer who can put in a great delivery and one right footer who can cut inside.

Two u23s who can rotate and provide options. If we sell Richarlison of course...I dont trust Gray, too selfish imo.

For me its a good move at £15mil...£20mil is the max.

Have those two on the left, sign KLP to compete with Dele in the centre and bring in a right sided attacker plus a centre forward as well.

KLP + McNeil + Johnson = £50-60mil and bring in a centre forward on loan with an option.

There should be Richarlison, Gray and Kean money to be used for rebuilding. I think we'd look decent across the front which is critical.

LF: Gordon / McNeil
AM: Dele / KLP
RF: Johnson / Dobbin
CF: DCL / Broja

A lot of potential there.

Spurs wanted him when was like 21 and I think they bid up to 25mil and villa turned it down, looks like it was a great decision

I think Levy decided not to do the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.