New Everton Stadium Discussion

AFD92735-0731-4DCE-881D-D2D50F6664D7.jpeg

Nope, fully behind KEIOC.
But by your tiresome comments on here you would have preferred to tart up GP and seem bitter that it didn't happen

Yes, I've found that not many people confess to being pro-kirkby nowadays.

Tiresome? That might be the case if I was the only one making the same or similar observations. Observations that I at least try to back up by facts, figures and comparisons, rather than resort to name calling.

Not at all bitter..... as I said, I was part of the same group who approached Peel about central docks 15yrs ago. I even personally paid for an outline transport assessment of that site, despite the fact that Peel were not interested at that time. Hardly the actions of the embittered or GP obsessed, wouldn't you say?

I've always been interested in stadium design and have visited many of the world's major stadia, so I am as excited by the prospect of BMD as the next blue. I like a lot about it but don't feel the need to over hype it. Like some others, I have "slight" concerns and reservations of certain aspects of it.

As a club, I don't think anyone can argue, that we have covered ourselves in any glory in recent years/decades regarding our major decision-making and financial dealings..... Yet we're all now expected to be totally unquestioning of any aspect of potentially the single biggest decision processes in our history?

View attachment 170613
For what it’s worth the RS have exactly the same in the kop. It must be something to do with better access to the concourses.
Have you just compare BMD to St Marys? Point proven I think.

Moving the first row 3 metres further back would have no effect?

Yeah ok ??
Not at all.... I was making the point that if you extrapolate the atmosphere enhancing idea of single tier stands around four sides you get the likes of St Mary's. The flat packs are simple bowl stadiums too.... the only difference is scale/capacity and insertion of glass partition walls on the sides.

The Park end is I think 4m further away from the pitch than the Gwladys St. You probably didn't even notice.

the fuller/integrated enclosure of the roof should allow it to be louder than either of those

I'm not sure how you conclude that the roof provides greater sound enclosure at the south stand than at the Kop. The cross sections show that the roof at BMD is upturned and a good distance above the the back row of the stand with far fewer rows getting roof capture. (Especially since the design has been cropped back to just 60 rows). The South stand should however be a superior viewing platform than the Kop.

That said, the new Anfield Rd stand will be almost 16k with a downward roof, and I'm quite sure the current Kop will be earmarked for expansion/rebuild if higher ratio safe standing comes in to restore it's "home end" status.

View attachment 170613
For what it’s worth the RS have exactly the same in the kop. It must be something to do with better access to the concourses.
1) is the seat ok
2) can I see all of the play without posts in front of me
3) can I see the play if others stand up (I’m thinking the back of the lower Bullens here)
4) will there be enough beer and food outlets
5) will I be kept dry in the rain
6) will the toilets be better than at GP
7) will I enjoy going there.

if the answer to these is yes then I’m in……

I would expect all/most of those criteria to be met at any modern stadium.... even Destination Kirkby could boast that much.

Keeping dry in the front rows as proven quite elusive at some of the high roofed larger ones though ?.

Yes, I've found that not many people confess to being pro-kirkby nowadays.

Tiresome? That might be the case if I was the only one making the same or similar observations. Observations that I at least try to back up by facts, figures and comparisons, rather than resort to name calling.

Not at all bitter..... as I said, I was part of the same group who approached Peel about central docks 15yrs ago. I even personally paid for an outline transport assessment of that site, despite the fact that Peel were not interested at that time. Hardly the actions of the embittered or GP obsessed, wouldn't you say?

I've always been interested in stadium design and have visited many of the world's major stadia, so I am as excited by the prospect of BMD as the next blue. I like a lot about it but don't feel the need to over hype it. Like some others, I have "slight" concerns and reservations of certain aspects of it.

As a club, I don't think anyone can argue, that we have covered ourselves in any glory in recent years/decades regarding our major decision-making and financial dealings..... Yet we're all now expected to be totally unquestioning of any aspect of potentially the single biggest decision processes in our history?
There was loads on here who were all in on the Kirkby shed. I started a re-education programme in 2008 and that was that.

:coffee:

There was loads on here who were all in on the Kirkby shed. I started a re-education programme in 2008 and that was that.

:coffee:
Absolutely blew my mind how many people (accross all Everton forums) really believed Kirkby was our best option.

It's shows that Kenwright is a pretty convincing storyteller and loads of Evertonians are gullible dopes.

Absolutely blew my mind how many people (accross all Everton forums) really believed Kirkby was our best option.

It's shows that Kenwright is a pretty convincing storyteller and loads of Evertonians are gullible dopes.
I remember the worst forum for it was the too cool for school WSAG forum - where KEIOC were seen as self-professed know alls and all round "quilts"....an organisation they should be down on their knees to having helped save them from themselves.

That forum became a parody of itself and has the traffic of a handful of clique members as a fitting reward.

Not at all.... I was making the point that if you extrapolate the atmosphere enhancing idea of single tier stands around four sides you get the likes of St Mary's. The flat packs are simple bowl stadiums too.... the only difference is scale/capacity and insertion of glass partition walls on the sides.

The Park end is I think 4m further away from the pitch than the Gwladys St. You probably didn't even notice.
I have a season ticket in the Top Balcony and it is very noticeable.

As I’m sure every single opposition keeper noticed too.