Everton Youth Teams Thread

So after such a long process the new DoF comes up with promoting the u18s manager and Baines. Good to see him casting the net far and wide. Plus some no mark from Wolves where again he knew already. Hardly screams a deep search for the best talent

…he describes his role as a ‘Line Manager’. He’ll only be as good as the people who work for him.

So after such a long process the new DoF comes up with promoting the u18s manager and Baines. Good to see him casting the net far and wide. Plus some no mark from Wolves where again he knew already. Hardly screams a deep search for the best talent
Seems to me he has a whole structure to build out in a hurry. Makes sense to use people either he or the club are familiar with.

He can look at swapping out individual blocks later.

Seems to me he has a whole structure to build out in a hurry. Makes sense to use people either he or the club are familiar with.

He can look at swapping out individual blocks later.

I could go along with that if it didn't take him 4 mths. I will have me old mate from Wolves and the 2 young managers already here could be decided in a week
Just makes a mockery of us saying we are searching high and wide for the best new manager

I could go along with that if it didn't take him 4 mths. I will have me old mate from Wolves and the 2 young managers already here could be decided in a week
Just makes a mockery of us saying we are searching high and wide for the best new manager
It’s hard to know anything about the specifics, but I’m happy to give the fella the benefit of the doubt for now.

This role confuses me the more I hear of it. Director of Football surely includes identifying new talent does it not

….time will tell but there’s nothing he’s said that suggests he’s a talent spotter to me.

Working with Lampard, I think he’ll control the spend and ultimately determine who comes in and who goes out but I think targets will be suggested to him. I read we are looking to bring in a head of recruitment, not sure if that’s accurate.