2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if he could sort out his fitness issues. Him and Tarkowski would be one of the most formidable CB partnerships in the whole league
I'm really coming around to him staying.

If we got Tarkowski in, I'd rather us try and get Keane out.

Ideally, we play four at the back, and then have Tarkowski, Mina, Godfrey and Holgate, with Branthwaite as an option if we don't send him on loan.

That's a solid group.

Ideally, we play four at the back, and then have Tarkowski, Mina, Godfrey and Holgate, with Branthwaite as an option if we don't send him on loan.

That's a solid group.
I’d keep him to, if we can’t get a good deal. 20/25 games for him and Tarkowski would be a good base to work off. I’d sell Keane and holgate and buy another talented young CB, maybe the kid from Chelsea.

That's a solid group.
Id be surprised tbh, I reckon it will be 3-4-3/5-2-3

We need to safeguard his value. He needs to sign a new contract and some terms must be based on his fitness level.
It is clear that Mina doesn't want to extend his contract and we simply are not in a position to refuse any reasonable bid that comes in.

I don't think he will be sold completely on the cheap as in that case we would be better keeping him for the season and not spend money on a replacement in this window... this is even more true if the suggestion that clubs are interested in buying Michael Keane are true.

Imagine if he could sort out his fitness issues. Him and Tarkowski would be one of the most formidable CB partnerships in the whole league
For me his balance seems an issue,he's a big unit and his upper body weight must put pressure on his hamstrings,calves and ankles. Remember back in the 90s Lennox Lewis had a coach who specifically worked with balance issues he had.
But given our medical teams record...

I like Yerry, think he’s our best C/H but if he stays and becomes a free agent:
18/19 = 15 apps
19/20 = 33 apps
20/21 = 29 apps
21/22 = 14 apps
22/23 = 23 (ave over 4 seasons)
114 appearances for £27m fee plus £120k per week or a total outlay of £58.2m.
That’s £510,526k per appearance folks.
And we think Delph wasn’t value for money…….
Either needs shipping out or a new contract so we can get something back for him over the next 4 or 5 years.
New contact is tricky because why would he take less than his current wage, but who in their right mind* is going to sign off on another £120+k per week for someone that will only be available for 2/3 of games if we are lucky.
*Being of sound mind may not be of relevance to the current EFC contracts panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.