Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So write to them and let them know!

I get it, it's a bit of a issue over recent years but it's a new management team, new DoF and hopefully a bit of a better hit rate.

If you don't think our current manager can recognise what makes a good midfielder then maybe footy isn't for you.
Just because he’s was an amazing midfielder doesn’t mean he can spot good midfielders. As other great players have shown over the years

People at the club get paid to find players yet only seem to come up with top 6 cast off that have zero resale value
The better players are signed by the top 6 clubs.
Some of their cast offs can be decent players.

When I look at the players we signed in the last five years and the money we spent on them I think very few were in the category you mention.

cover2.jpeg

I actually think we need someone like Winks to replace Delph, but it's just so uninspiring and typical. Spurs will mug us off on the deal no doubt.

The better players are signed by the top 6 clubs.
Some of their cast offs can be decent players.

When I look at the players we signed in the last five years and the money we spent on them I think very few were in the category you mention.
Delph.8 million and stupid wages
Scniderlin(spelling) 25 million stupid wages
Winks is another.

Edit forgot Iwobi who been crap bah 6-7 games at the end of last season

My point was your selling Richy and using the money to buy a player who doesn’t score and leaves us with less money to buy a Richy replacement

Yes, but we haven't sold Richarlison yet, so no idea how much we are getting. We haven't bough Winks yet, so no idea how much we are paying. The rest could easily go to a goal scoring midfielder or maybe Gordon will step up more, in the goal scoring stakes. Winks may allow that to happen.

My point is that there is always pros and cons to a possible signing but the comaprison of players is wrong and using a not yet known financial aspect is jumping the gun. There are a few positions that we desperately need to improve and centre midfield is no doubt at the top of that list, so why not have a look at centre midfielders, we can debate about whether it is the right one but we should be comparing him to players in his own position, taking away the fiction about financial matters.

On a purely footballing basis, I am not overly excited by it but can definitely see that it is very possibly a good signing for us, considering who he will be replacing on the pitch.

It'll be interesting to see what the fee was. I feel like if it's 10m or less then you can't be mad at this and support Tarkowski being done.

Probably fair to be honest.

Hes what just turned 26. He is good on the ball, probably better in possession than any of our midfielders. The issue is that his style of midfielder has gone completely out of fashion, in no small part because they just get overrun.

If it was me, I'd want to get much bigger, more physical players. I'm not sure we could protect or carry Winks enough, and I'm not sure Winks is ever going to be good enough to pick passes in a side like ours.

But if it's under 10m, it's a pretty low fee and he could slot in well.

Delph.8 million and stupid wages
Scniderlin(spelling) 25 million stupid wages
Winks is another.

Edit forgot Iwobi who been crap bah 6-7 games at the end of last season
Three in total counting Iwobi. I don't think Winks has signed yet and he certainly hasn't kicked a ball so we could hardly call him a waste of money.
Iwobi hardly comes into that category at the moment considering his performances since January. Certainly not bargain of the season but we certainly got value for money in recent months. If he can manage to sustain that form then he would be a bargain.

Yes, but we haven't sold Richarlison yet, so no idea how much we are getting. We haven't bough Winks yet, so no idea how much we are paying. The rest could easily go to a goal scoring midfielder or maybe Gordon will step up more, in the goal scoring stakes. Winks may allow that to happen.

My point is that there is always pros and cons to a possible signing but the comaprison of players is wrong and using a not yet known financial aspect is jumping the gun. There are a few positions that we desperately need to improve and centre midfield is no doubt at the top of that list, so why not have a look at centre midfielders, we can debate about whether it is the right one but we should be comparing him to players in his own position, taking away the fiction about financial matters.

On a purely footballing basis, I am not overly excited by it but can definitely see that it is very possibly a good signing for us, considering who he will be replacing on the pitch.
Me and you would be better in our midfield
We need to buy an up and coming like Brighton have done or Leicester so we can sell them 2 years down the line for profit. I can see us paying 20 min for Winks because we are that stupid

Three in total.
Iwobi hardly comes into that category at the moment considering his performances since January. Certainly not bargain of the season but we certainly got value for money in recent months. If he can manage to sustain that form then he would be a bargain.
6 games in 2 years is it for 35 mil.. real bargain

He might end up being crap, but I can see why Lampard wants him - he wants someone who will sit at the base of midfield and help us play through the lines

A poor man's Jorginho, if you like

In fact - Jarginho, that's what I'll be calling him

Fully understand why he wants him, but I'm far from convinced it will work out

Status
Not open for further replies.