New Everton Stadium Discussion

But surely part of the docks built on already was listed and has been lost forever? The dock has to be made good again if the club leaves the location IIRC?

The club can surely conserve them and put them back at a much later time?

It seems daft to build a stadium then have it unseen behind a wall.

I cant believe we've fallen for that.
It’s the same reason that you keep your frank and beans in your underpants.

It allows visitors to have delayed amazement/horror (delete as appropriate) which is more satisfying. Well provided they’ve brought a magnifying glass anyway.

Doesn't matter what it's going to look like really.
It'll never be built apparently.

But what about all that buying the dock, filling it in, putting structures up in all four corners, putting stand metal work up plus those four new gigantic cranes, establishing a multi-storey section for workers and filling the place full of equipment and material. Was this all just a bit of banter….

Isn't past of Peels project for the area ?

Yep it's Peels, Nelson wasn't supposed to be looked at for years but as soon as the stadium is up they are going to get on with it pretty quickly. All those apartments to sell and think of the bars and restaurants they can build on the ground floor to make a load of cash from.

Not the best pictures but you can see the sort of building around the dock...

Screenshot_20220622-210701_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-210609_Gallery.jpg

Yep it's Peels, Nelson wasn't supposed to be looked at for years but as soon as the stadium is up they are going to get on with it pretty quickly. All those apartments to sell and think of the bars and restaurants they can build on the ground floor to make a load of cash from.

Not the best pictures but you can see the sort of building around the dock...

View attachment 171002
View attachment 171003

those wind turbines look really dangerous…..

But what about all that buying the dock, filling it in, putting structures up in all four corners, putting stand metal work up plus those four new gigantic cranes, establishing a multi-storey section for workers and filling the place full of equipment and material. Was this all just a bit of banter….

Wikipedia still says it's a wet dock so you have to assume it is just a few cardboard cutouts placed there to make it look like some work is being done.

Only the tower and retaining walls are listed.

The dock itself kind of fell under the whole mercantile city heritage thing.

The wall isn't that big! It will be part of the appeal when done.
Absolutely ridiculous. Paying £500M down there and stimulating about a billion quid of regeneration and we have to hide the stadium away.

Waterfront view of imposing new stadium

BMD.jpg

.....round the back of Uttoxeter Leisure Centre.

fv2ecnsxoaapzve-jpg.170957
Gonna say it again. I really don't like the open look at the back of the stands. I think it makes the stadium look smaller and less imposing. I hope it's something that can be changed in the future.

Gonna say it again. I really don't like the open look at the back of the stands. I think it makes the stadium look smaller and less imposing. I hope it's something that can be changed in the future.
Reminds me of the Aviva stadium. It just looks like a half empty vessel.