Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any player that can successfully pass the ball to a teammate is an upgrade on our current team

He may not be the answer but at least it shows we are looking in the right direction
He walks into our side ahead of Allan, Giones and Doucoure

I think he would marginally improve our current midfield but if the price of £20m is correct then I would swerve, because I think we could do better for £20m.

I think he would marginally improve our current midfield but if the price of £20m is correct then I would swerve, because I think we could do better for £20m.
I think we want 2 midfielders, maybe 3 if we shift an Allan or Davies on top of gbamin and Gomes. So Frank and Kevin will have a list, maybe to loan one and buy one, I’d imagine winks is on the loan list, unless they get him cheap 10mil max. There’s no way they waste 20/25mil on winks when that money could get us much better

I think he only worked temporarily when Pochettino was at his best with the squad, getting the best out of the players and the system. But we need a midfielder who's ready to go, if we're spending £20m, or at least someone who is physically bigger and faster - Allan, Gomes, Doucoure are not the big physical presence we need ..

Dacoure is a huge physical presence mate.

Only "early talks". Let's hope the delegation live up to their usual standard.

htizmu.png

Winks on loan is a cautious, not super-enthused yes from me because with the limit on loans they ideally need to be players with PL experience, a realistic chance of always being fit & in the match day squad, getting a decent share of starts.

Paying actual Pounds Sterling for Winks when we are financially constrained both by PL rules and ownership instability is a ‘have we learned nothing’ moment for me but should I condemn Thelwell/Lampard for past failures of others?*

Let us see how this plays out before declaring the verdict.

* If Moyes was still manager I’d be more optimistic as he was the last manager we had who made a success of rich club cast-offs

I'm not blaming people for being sceptical regards this signing btw

Most of the players we thought would underdeliver have done so spectacularly

People have no faith in our club to make the right decisions and that will stay the case until they start getting it right

Right now they have zero right to any goodwill when it comes to signings if we're being honest

I hope Winks delivers and I'll be wishing him well if he signs, but anyone who feels underwhelmed or cautious about this has every right

Our track record in recent years has been abysmal, and until the club stops being such a circus then a heavy dose of pessimism with every signing is to be expected and I'm not going to have a go at anyone for it. I just hope they're wrong

I'm not blaming people for being sceptical regards this signing btw

Most of the players we thought would underdeliver have done so spectacularly

People have no faith in our club to make the right decisions and that will stay the case until they start getting it right

Right now they have zero right to any goodwill when it comes to signings if we're being honest

I hope Winks delivers and I'll be wishing him well if he signs, but anyone who feels underwhelmed or cautious about this has every right

Our track record in recent years has been abysmal, and until the club stops being such a circus then a heavy dose of pessimism with every signing is to be expected and I'm not going to have a go at anyone for it. I just hope they're wrong
I'm just hoping FL has started to build a jig saw of what he wants and how he wants to play and if he feels that Winks is the second part so be it, it looks like its the spine of the team hes looking at and not just buying for the sake of it

Status
Not open for further replies.