New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's going to be the most unique, unmistakeable stadium exterior in the entire country, that's before you even get onto the location. Really is a case of you can't please everyone.

On the subject of integrating something from the old stadium, I'm pretty sure Spurs made a copy of their cockerel from WHL Sunderland kept some if the Leitch lattice work. I'm sure there are loads more examples.

Be surprised if they haven't already
Wouldnt it be funny to if someone made a video of that Kopite with a traffic cone, then it pans up to the actual stadium.....

I`d like us to increase the capacity if we can though, even if we cant get to 60k then as close to as possible. What do we hhave atthe moment 28k season ticket holders with something like 25k on a waiting list, thats 53k without the away fans and general sale plus as proven there is always a greater ask for season tickets when going in to a new stadium.

I think we`d fill it, just ensure the home end is all singers from the Gwladys and those who have always wanted to go in the Gwladys.

Agree to disagree here. A bit of a nod to design continuity between Goodison and BM works for me. It’s an architect giving the nod to work from The previous design. No issues from me on that.

It's daft as far as I'm concerned. It looks rubbish and makes no sense. Lattice work on steel within the stadium if you want (not for me like) but a pattern of brickwork? Beyond 'kin stupid.

As I said above, stuff like that was added in by the club via Meis because they think that's what Evertonians wanted.

On the subject of integrating something from the old stadium, I'm pretty sure Spurs made a copy of their cockerel from WHL Sunderland kept some if the Leitch lattice work. I'm sure there are loads more examples.
There was talk of them moving some of the old seats and having them in a 1878 pattern

Not sure if that's still happening though

It's daft as far as I'm concerned. It looks rubbish and makes no sense. Lattice work on steel within the stadium if you want (not for me like) but a pattern of brickwork? Beyond 'kin stupid.

As I said above, stuff like that was added in by the club via Meis because they think that's what Evertonians wanted.

up to now, the only person complaining about the pattern in the brickwork....is you, funny that innit. :)