New Everton Stadium Discussion

Even with the brickwork though: why on earth retain some backward half-arsed glance to the past with lattice brickwork?

It's 'kin daft beyond belief.

I think there's a real disconnect between what that club thinks it is that fans want (constant looking back over our shoulder to Goodison and the club's past achievements) and the reality of what we all actually want: a break from the past and a forging ahead into the 21st century. They presumed an awful lot with that choice of brickwork pattern.

The maudlin preoccupation with the past weighs like a dead hand on Everton. Just leave it where it belongs - in the history books not in our present.
Horse and bolted spring to mind.

Pretty sure most will disagree with you....

You have rubbished this project at every single stage. Every.single.stage. whined and moaned constantly.
No, I haven't. I've doubted that it would ever get done. That's a different matter. And given Everton's record on delivering a stadium i was wise to be cautious.

As far as the actual stadium is concerned I have consistently said it will be iconic and that is because of the location.

That doesn't, though, hinder criticism of the design or the capacity.

So basically you were moaning that it wouldn’t get built. Now that’s been disproven you’re moaning at the design (which has been there for about 3 years and you could have moaned about that all this time as well - you missed a trick there).
If it looks ok when it’s built and regenerates the whole area (not that you go the match to view it yourself), what will you moan at next? Have a good long think about it and start that moaning process now as I’m sure we’re all dying to get a heads up on that one.

You’re fkin mad you know.
What would have been the point of continually moaning about its design (and I actually registered my dispproval of it years ago, btw) if I thought it wouldn't see the light of day?

I'm sorry if you or others find criticism of a design unpalatable, but I dont think the thread is merely to cheer lead the project is it?

Screenshot_20220623-123207.png

Definitely an overhang... But not much

Even so, it is an overhang I didn't expect this. For me anyway it such a small detail makes a big difference. It makes it more of a Goodison feel.
Take a look how it is at Celtic Park.

800px-Celtic_park_2.jpg

Just to add those electronic screens on the over hang, could easily show something like this below.
everton Bullens.jpg

I actually don’t disagree with @davek - the location makes it iconic, not the stadium.

Although it’s a nice stadium and I’m sure it’ll be boss, you can put Nou Camp, or Allianz Arena, or San Siro anywhere in the world and they would be iconic.

If you put our stadium somewhere else, it wouldn’t be iconic.