Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked yards off the pace from what i saw of him with us. From the hype around the signing and the level he'd played at he didn't look like he was at premier league level at all, whether with more game time he would've come good who knows but not our problem now.
Cautionary tale though when it comes to the calls for us to buy young foreign players.

Cautionary tale though when it comes to the calls for us to buy young foreign players.
Would Lookman be likewise a cautionary tale concerning young British players.?
Only difference is you generally risk far more money on a British payer than a foreign one.

Would Lookman be likewise a cautionary tale concerning young British players.?
Only difference is you generally risk far more money on a British payer than a foreign one.
We will get lucky once in a while, although I've not looked into it but how much did Lookman's wages while warming the bench eat into any profit?

God I hate pre-season.
Screenshot_20220624-110826.png

He actually played most of his football as a right winger before he joined them, but was always really versatile.

I'd be confident that there is about 5 places in our team that he would come in and improve us
Played there 17 times in his career.

Yanno we won't see movement until the new fiscal year.
It's certainly looking that way.

In reality, it makes a lot of sense. So much so that it's a pleasant surprise, and hopefully indicative of a more sensible approach to finance, revenues and recruitment than we've seen in several years.

Having said that, I will poop in an envelope and post it to Moshiri if we buy Harry bloody Winks.

Status
Not open for further replies.