2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's been utterly predictable.

There is no discussion to be had if a club offers 60m for Richarlison. Unless two do. He has a value, just as everyone else has. The sad thing for his fans is that even if we truly wanted to keep him, most of his team-mates have a value close to zero for buying clubs, so Richarlison represents one of the few saleable assets that we have. Without a good recruitment policy, we cannot improve. Obviously, there is no guarantee these clowns will reinvest wisely, but stasis is an absolutely untenable position. We must learn to sell our players at peak value. We are not Bayern Munich, who could potentially take a "hit" on, say, Lewandowski and force him to stay. Even if he refused to kick a ball for them in retaliation, they would still win their league.

Every player has a price. Most of ours are, essentially, free.
My thoughts exactly. Doing nothing is akin to signing our own death warrant. If this season started tomorrow and what we go with what we've got we'll be in a relegation battle again, I'm near certain of that. We obviously could still be in one if we did flip our whole squad on its head but at least if we did that we'd presumably lower the wage bill quite significantly and put relegation clauses in the contracts of new players meaning if the worst did happen then at least we could perhaps weather it far better financially than we'd be able to if we went down with the current dross.

If someone flashes us £60m for Richy, with a heavy heart, I'd drive him there without a second's thought.

I just don't get it. That piece that came out about him a couple of months ago said that he's like that because he doesn't feel like he's contributed to the team until he's scored. He's apparently always been like that and it's a great attitude to have.

How anyone questions his commitment or attitude is mental to me. I can only assume its a defence mechanism to make the blow of him leaving impact less.
100%

My thoughts exactly. Doing nothing is akin to signing our own death warrant. If this season started tomorrow and what we go with what we've got we'll be in a relegation battle again, I'm near certain of that. We obviously could still be in one if we did flip our whole squad on its head but at least if we did that we'd presumably lower the wage bill quite significantly and put relegation clauses in the contracts of new players meaning if the worst did happen then at least we could perhaps weather it far better financially than we'd be able to if we went down with the current dross.

If someone flashes us £60m for Richy, with a heavy heart, I'd drive him there without a second's thought.

I thought about this. How do we replace Rich?. Add a couple of loans to Tarkowski and it will be a bland season but confident we will stay up. Sell and replace and spend the money on the likes of Winks and I am not so confident. An injury to DCL will leave us in a desperate position

I would suspect we see a bid in the next few days. Possibly Chelsea now Rom is out on loan. The only thing which may change things is if Juve try to buy Keane now and not next summer, that may put less pressure on us to sell. I don’t want to see this fella leave but if he does stay in the prem I would prefer Chelsea over spurs.
That Keane money coming in would give us some more leverage. It would at least create the appearance that we would not be so desperate to sell

I thought about this. How do we replace Rich?. Add a couple of loans to Tarkowski and it will be a bland season but confident we will stay up. Sell and replace and spend the money on the likes of Winks and I am not so confident. An injury to DCL will leave us in a desperate position
Well looking at Richarlison's contribution at face value, I think he's averaged something like 10-11 goals in the league a season since he's been here. Some will say he's a lot more valuable than just his goals because of his work rate and the passion he shows playing for us (which is unarguable), however I'd argue that his all round game like his dribbling and general wing play is quite poor.

When it comes to replacing him, I think we will be able to get someone in with significantly better ability but lower work rate fairly easily, it's just a question of whether they can score roughly as many goals as he can. 10 a season isn't anything spectacular like, but we'll soon see I guess.

I think if Richy goes we need 4 players in minimum, or we are going to be in the bottom 4 or 5 of the league again. It looks like Tarkowski is done, so that’s an OK start, but we need central midfield to be sorted. Maybe adding Zinchenko and playing a 3 in there with Alan and Doucoure could work. We need someone who wins the ball. Then we need a replacement for Richy and a back up for Dom. anything else on top would be amazing. Some of the players we have been linked with, like Winks, don’t make sense to me, we have a few players like him. Maybe we are selling Gomes? Looking at the stats I was hoping we would get Cheick Doucoure from Lens looks like someone who can intercept and tackle. But looks like he will go to palace now, unless we can swoop in

Iñ I'm not sure that that's true if it means we can't reinvest to improve the squad in 2-3 positions.
Have you seen our investment over the past 6 years, I wouldn't trust these clowns with any money.

Saying that if Richarlison is sold there wont be all that money going back into the team, as I have said on another post Moshiri will want as much money as he can get without putting it back in before he sells

Have you seen our investment over the past 6 years, I wouldn't trust these clowns with any money.

Saying that if Richarlison is sold there wont be all that money going back into the team, as I have said on another post Moshiri will want as much money as he can get without putting it back in before he sells
Well it's a new manager and more importantly a new DoF so I'll reserve judgement until they prove if they are as bad as those before them.

Even if Moshiri doesn't invest due to us selling, anything recieved would still show on the books. That would provide wriggle room for a new owner to push signings. Assuming the books allow

…BBC running a vote on the best value Brazilian;

539B0D6E-96A0-4E11-A13B-39A0FB060307.jpeg

Selling and reinvesting in young players to develop isn't short term
It isn’t if your ambition is to stay 11th. We’re Everton, not Brighton.

He’s one of the few first teasers who has genuine European quality.

I get the sell and invest in young players to an extent but of whom, what, one out of three will go on to be a success? Need to keep at least some of our good ones

Status
Not open for further replies.