Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any thoughts on Harry Winks, we seem to be linked with him a lot lately and I really don't know much about the fella. I dont even play football manager so cant look him up on that.

He was on Talksport earlier discussing his future, refreshing to listen to a player be brutally honest. He admits his future clearly lies away from Spurs but laughed off Everton interest and said he had greater ambitions, fair play really.

I have the freedom of GOT. I earned it when I took the last of your corners.

1LXQCT-shared.gif

That's not the same guy Zat was desperate for us to sign ?

Emerson Royal too ?

Zakaria as @ForeverEverton says was very good at Gladbach. The problem is that was 2 years ago and he suffered a major injury since.

Juventus have taken a punt on someone who was top notch before the injury. It hasnt worked out as he cant get into their team and hasnt delivered when he has.

Again, Emerson as ive said many times is a good signing for an attacking side...hes played under Mourinho (now a similar Conte style) and before joining i said i wasnt sure if hed do well there.

You dont sign attacking full backs and keep them on a leash.

Great News, love the Duke NEA.

Common sense to activate Doucoure's clause...always going to happen and the same as Chelsea have done with Gilmour.

If we can sell Gomes and bring Winks in on loan then thats a good move.

He was on Talksport earlier discussing his future, refreshing to listen to a player be brutally honest. He admits his future clearly lies away from Spurs but laughed off Everton interest and said he had greater ambitions, fair play really.
He can cover me behind the bar when I do my shizz Quiz nights ........... as long as he remembers to put 2 cups of chlorine in the pool xxx

Zakaria as @ForeverEverton says was very good at Gladbach. The problem is that was 2 years ago and he suffered a major injury since.

Juventus have taken a punt on someone who was top notch before the injury. It hasnt worked out as he cant get into their team and hasnt delivered when he has.

Again, Emerson as ive said many times is a good signing for an attacking side...hes played under Mourinho (now a similar Conte style) and before joining i said i wasnt sure if hed do well there.

You dont sign attacking full backs and keep them on a leash.

Common sense to activate Doucoure's clause...always going to happen and the same as Chelsea have done with Gilmour.

If we can sell Gomes and bring Winks in on loan then thats a good move.
Yes for me that's one of the only situations where Winks makes sense, as at least he's a better option than the awful Gomes or Davies. But definitely not on a permanent deal as he'll be overpriced massively. If he comes and performs brilliantly then they can discuss a permanent deal, but I wouldn't be risking 20m on him at this point.

I'm guessing the zinkcencho interest has cooled if we seem to be going ahead with winks?
Doubt it.

We're actively trying to sell midfielders like Gomes, we're losing Delph in five days and we need new blood in midfield anyway. I'll be amazed if we only add one new face in that area.

If anything, I'd say that the relative silence means Zinchenko is closer to being done. The noise around Winks reeks of an agent trying to stoke up interest in his client.

I saw a post on Twitter saying winks will be a loan to buy and zinchenko I’ll be in after that, I think it was from “toffee transfers” who’s been pretty spot on with his posts.

Anyone know if it is 1 loan only from another PL side as of next season ? Thought I read it somewhere but can't find it anymore. In light of Winks probably joining on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.