The Everton Board Thread

But thats the issue - when we can eventually spend money in the future we won't be as these cats are only arsed about the stadium / real estate around BMD and thats it.

We'll be another Newcastle under Ashley - big club, big potential, big stadium, no investment and bobbing around midtable with no excitement - ask a Geordie how great an experience that was.

Why anyone would want that when we have lived through the Kenwright years I'll never know.

We need an owner willing to spend who also sorts oot the recruitment department and brings in good people to run the club - not cowboys sticking their 30 yr old sons in charge of running the show.
Moshiri has proven he is unable to run the club and make it a success. He almost got us relegated through his woeful decisions.

Thats why I want to see a change of ownership. No new owner could possibly do a worse job.

And there is a lot of totally unsubstantiated chat in this thread about these possible new owners. No one could possibly know what they plan to invest. And there could be lots of others interested for all we know.

Does it occur to anyone that they are telling us what we want to hear at this point.?
What they aren’t saying is that they will be prudent in their spending to ensure their end of year dividends will be sufficiently rewarding.
I wonder will we still be praising their business sense when we are paying our share of the new stadium through greatly increased ticket prices?

I've done a thing, hopefully you can all thank me at a later date.

But don't blame me if it still goes wrong with a different group. lol

Does it occur to anyone that they are telling us what we want to hear at this point.?
What they aren’t saying is that they will be prudent in their spending to ensure their end of year dividends will be sufficiently rewarding.
I wonder will we still be praising their business sense when we are paying our share of the new stadium through greatly increased ticket prices?
Its got absolutely nothing to do with dividends

Moshiri has proven he is unable to run the club and make it a success. He almost got us relegated through his woeful decisions.

Thats why I want to see a change of ownership. No new owner could possibly do a worse job.

And there is a lot of totally unsubstantiated chat in this thread about these possible new owners. No one could possibly know what they plan to invest.

Thats where I disagree.

Worse owners could easily come in and either relegate us or leave us in mass amounts of debt with banks via loans.

We can only go off whats in the media and so far the money man in the consortium nearly went bankrupt years ago, they are mainly interested in the stadium/real estate around the area and they plan to appoint their sons (who have no experience in big business or sports) onto the board running the club.

More fool you for thinking this couldn't be any worse than a period of ownership where we have finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

Be careful what you wish for and thats not me saying you're wrong for wanting new ownership, its me saying you're naive to drop your knickers for just any old John that passes you by on the street assuming the grass is automatically going to be greener.

Thats where I disagree.

Worse owners could easily come in and either relegate us or leave us in mass amounts of debt with banks via loans.

We can only go off whats in the media and so far the money man in the consortium nearly went bankrupt years ago, they are mainly interested in the stadium/real estate around the area and they plan to appoint their sons (who have no experience in big business or sports) onto the board running the club.

More fool you for thinking this couldn't be any worse than a period of ownership where we have finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

Be careful what you wish for and thats not me saying you're wrong for wanting new ownership, its me saying you're naive to drop your knickers for just any old John that passes you by on the street.
I automatically ignore any post that says be careful what you wish for, because its a meaningless phrase used when someone has nothing else to say.

Its the sort of rubbish we got every year from people defending Kenwright.

Yeah we could get relegated, but I think that's far more likely to happen under the current owner who likes to get involved in transfers and thought Benitez was a good idea. I'm going to take my chances with new ownership every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with dividends
It’s also got nothing to do with subsidising Everton to win silverware.
It’s a cynical business move to extract as much profit out for the minimum investment in.
It’s how American businesses operate ,its the whole ethos of their rotten to the core, rapacious nation.
‘One Nation Under God’ and that God is Mammon.
Devil take the hindmost.

It’s also got nothing to do with subsidising Everton to win silverware.
It’s a cynical business move to extract as much profit out for the minimum investment in.
It’s how American businesses operate ,its the whole ethos of their rotten to the core, rapacious nation.
‘One Nation Under God’ and that God is Mammon.
Devil take the hindmost.
We have made enormous losses in recent years. Its not about dividends.

I automatically ignore any post that says be careful what you wish for, because its a meaningless phrase used when someone has nothing else to say.

Its the sort of rubbish we got every year from people defending Kenwright.

Yeah we could get relegated, but I think that's far more likely to happen under the current owner who likes to get involved in transfers and thought Benitez was a good idea. I'm going to take my chances with new ownership every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

At least you have the stones to publically hitch your wagon to this lot. If they come aboard I hope they suprise us all but I very much doubt it - they have carpetbaggers written all owa em and as you see with the Glazers once they get their feet under the table you aint removing them no matter how much you protest, fly banners over the stadium or get games of football called off as they dont care sat in their mansions on the other side of the Atlantic. 15-20+ years of tyranny possibly awaits us and they'll be no Kenwright at Goodison as a representative of the board to aim anger at - they'll never step foot near the place or city of Liverpool.

Brave man you are Timothy - I am often bold in my convictions but even I wouldn't back this lot based on what information we have to go off.

We have made enormous losses in recent years. Its just not about dividends.
Spend less , profit more.
This group have no previous interest in Sport let alone in our sport.
They smell the money that circulates through the PL and they are attracted to it like flies around poo.
They won’t be interested as owners used to be about the kudos and reflected glory of owning a successful football club.
They are in it to profit and if you can extract a decent wedge from a mid table club for minimal investment that’ll do them just fine.
We will be just another source of wealth to exploit like the poor buggers stuck down a gold mine in Tanzania.

At least you have the stones to publically hitch your wagon to this lot. If they come aboard I hope they suprise us all but I very much doubt it - they have carpetbaggers written all owa em and as you see with the Glazers once they get their feet under the table you aint removing them no matter how much you protest, fly banners over the stadium or get games of football called off as they dont care sat in their mansions on the other side of the Atlantic. 15-20+ years of tyranny possibly awaits us and they'll be no Kenwright at Goodison as a representative of the board to aim anger at - they'll never step foot near the place or city of Liverpool.

Brave man you are Timothy - I am often bold in my convictions but even I wouldn't back this lot based on what information we have to go off.
I dont support any particular new buyers. I just support a change of ownership because that's what I think we need. If there is a change then I'll back whoever takes over until such time as I dont have faith in them.

If we are ran more like a proper business then fine by me. We've been nowhere near good enough on and off the pitch and that is Moshiri's responsibility.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was little truth in all of this and it ends up lingering a while longer in the press eventually petering out.

If anything there will be not be the necessary reboot the club has needed for years.

Yes it’s a very pessimistic opinion , more often than not things flatter to deceive at Everton and that is where that pessimism comes from.

I dont support any particular new buyers. I just support a change of ownership because that's what I think we need. If there is a change then I'll back whoever takes over until such time as I dont have faith in them.

If we are ran more like a proper business then fine by me. We've been nowhere near good enough on and off the pitch and that is Moshiri's responsibility.

The problem is mate you dont have a crystal ball - you dont have the luxury of waiting to see what the new owners do or dont do before giving support as quite frankly if it goes wrong its too late!

We have to make a judgement off the information we have and so far it is as follows:

1. Links to US Neo Nazis and Nigel Farage.

2. No proof of funds.

3. No particular large wealth in the names of those in the consortium.

4. The money man behind the deal nearly went bankrupt years ago.

5. Initially only interested in the real estate / BMD itself and not the club.

6. Looking to appoint their inexperienced kids to the board in good old Kenwright style nepotism.

So what is it about this group that sounds like they can push us forward?

Im not arguing you shouldn't want new ownership - but why are the fans not making their feelings known on these vampires and demanding the club only be sold to someone with the credentials to take it forward and safeguard its future which is what Chelsea fans did when that other US group were initially interested?

More of our fans seem arsed about what clothes DCL is wearing on the catwalk and who our sponser is than of the changing of the guard at the very top!

The problem is mate you dont have a crystal ball - you dont have the luxury of waiting to see what the new owners do or dont do before giving support as quite frankly if it goes wrong its too late!

We have to make a judgement off the information we have and so far it is as follows:

1. Links to US Neo Nazis and Nigel Farage.

2. No proof of funds.

4. The money man behind the deal nearly went bankrupt years ago.

5. Initially only interested in the real estate / BMD itself and not the club.

6. Looking to appoint their inexperienced kids to the board in good old Kenwright style nepotism.

So what is it about this group that sounds like they can push us forward?

Im not arguing you shouldn't want new ownership - but why are the fans not making their feelings known on these vampires and demanding the club only be sold to someone with the credentials to take it forward and safeguard its future which is what Chelsea fans did when that other US group were initially interested?

More of our fans seem arsed about what clothes DCL is wearing on the catwalk and who our sponser is than of the changing of the guard at the very top!
The irony of you saying this when you’re going round convinced it’s going to fail just because you don’t want to lose Moshiri

2. No proof of funds.

the other points are fair but these two are false, they would have had to prove they had the capital to complete this deal. Thorton is one of the richest (and morally dubious) men in America and the Polish gent's investment company recently bought 1.2 billion worth of gold bullion so it seems his financial travails may be behind him. They are still quite unscrupulous men but very rich and very well connected.