The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is mate you dont have a crystal ball - you dont have the luxury of waiting to see what the new owners do or dont do before giving support as quite frankly if it goes wrong its too late!

We have to make a judgement off the information we have and so far it is as follows:

1. Links to US Neo Nazis and Nigel Farage.

2. No proof of funds.

3. No particular large wealth in the names of those in the consortium.

4. The money man behind the deal nearly went bankrupt years ago.

5. Initially only interested in the real estate / BMD itself and not the club.

6. Looking to appoint their inexperienced kids to the board in good old Kenwright style nepotism.

So what is it about this group that sounds like they can push us forward?

Im not arguing you shouldn't want new ownership - but why are the fans not making their feelings known on these vampires and demanding the club only be sold to someone with the credentials to take it forward and safeguard its future which is what Chelsea fans did when that other US group were initially interested?

More of our fans seem arsed about what clothes DCL is wearing on the catwalk and who our sponser is than of the changing of the guard at the very top!

….fortunately, our terrific fanbase never stood by when they got rid of Benitez. There was a few who were willing to do nothing and see him rip our club apart and take us down.

Those are the small section of our supporters you should criticise for their misguided apathy.

Last edited:
….fortunately, our terrific fanbase never stood by when they got rid of Benitez. There was a few who were willing to do nothing and see him rip our club apart and take us down.

Those are the small section of our supporters you should criticise for their misguided apathy.

Yet they go quiet when a bunch of far right Yanks with no clue or interest in football or proven funds try buy the club which will have an impact on future generations to come.

At least they aint Kopites...

Moshiri has proven he is unable to run the club and make it a success. He almost got us relegated through his woeful decisions.

Thats why I want to see a change of ownership. No new owner could possibly do a worse job.

And there is a lot of totally unsubstantiated chat in this thread about these possible new owners. No one could possibly know what they plan to invest. And there could be lots of others interested for all we know.

There's plenty of clubs who's owners have done far worse than what Mosh has done.

the other points are fair but these two are false, they would have had to prove they had the capital to complete this deal. Thorton is one of the richest (and morally dubious) men in America and the Polish gent's investment company recently bought 1.2 billion worth of gold bullion so it seems his financial travails may be behind him. They are still quite unscrupulous men but very rich and very well connected.

Thornton isn't a Billionaire mate, and the PL "fit and proper test" is a load of bull.

Ask Burnley fans what proof of funds their owners had.

Moshiri has proven he is unable to run the club and make it a success. He almost got us relegated through his woeful decisions.

Thats why I want to see a change of ownership. No new owner could possibly do a worse job.

And there is a lot of totally unsubstantiated chat in this thread about these possible new owners. No one could possibly know what they plan to invest. And there could be lots of others interested for all we know.
Without advocating Moshiri's continued ownership, sadly I think a new owner (I'm not specifically saying this consortium) could do worse.

There are numerous examples of terrible ownership throughout the English league over the past few decades, which outshine that of our owner's.

Personally, I've took little notice of this entire 'takeover' up to now, so I don't even know who the supposed consortium members are - anyone summarise for me?

Yet they go quiet when a bunch of far right Yanks with no clue or interest in football or proven funds try buy the club which will have an impact on future generations to come.

At least they aint Kopites...

….I have absolutely no idea if these Yanks are as you describe. You might be right, but your judgement is hardly sound after continually backing Benitez & you still constantly criticise our fanbase.

Moshiri clearly has no clue of football but amazingly for a successful businessman, he has presided over the Maladministration of our football club. You would hope the US syndicate will at least get the latter right.

….I have absolutely no idea if these Yanks are as you describe. You might be right, but your judgement is hardly sound after continually backing Benitez & you still constantly criticise our fanbase.

Moshiri clearly has no clue of football but amazingly for a successful businessman, he has presided over the Maladministration of our football club. You would hope the US syndicate will at least get the latter right.

Mate they are planning to stick their kids on the board who have no experience in running anything let alone a PL football club.

They are going to be a disaster.

Its not a case of Moshiri or these carpetbaggers - we need to ensure the club is sold to good people.

No mate he appointed Benitez therefore no one else in the werld could do any worse.

Many of our one tracked minded fans on here are going to be in for a rude awakening once this lot sink their teeth into us.
You have zero clue what their intentions are, none of us do so how’s about just waiting and seeing what exactly happens instead of being petulant

There's plenty of clubs who's owners have done far worse than what Mosh has done.
There are very few owners who came close to relegating a side with 60 odd years continued top flight existence. There are very few owners (and none i can think of) who have spent so much to decline so much.

I've been embarrassed the last few years at how we've been run. Why would I not be open to a change in ownership? It doesn't seem logical to fear change given our woeful last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.