Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a guesstimate...

If we sold £100mil worth of players this summer...then the Yanks buy the club.

How much do you think could they leverage that under P&S rules to spend this summer?

I think both those scenarios are very unlikely mate, i didnt like the leak yesterday about the takeover, the whole providing money for players looked like a "managing customers" bit as if we are a bit thick, we know we are to the pin of out color with regulation. Though come July 1st we have a little flexibility.

The only way we get significant transfer money to spend in a takeover is if they can come up with a strategy to pump a commercial deal into us or do an asset strip. Otherwise you are looking selling crown jewels - which is where are anyway or asset stripping, they could buy Goodison or BMD (not the land) from the club and pump money in that way, or a creative sponsorship deal with what i believe are strong ties to China.

I think both those scenarios are very unlikely mate, i didnt like the leak yesterday about the takeover, the whole providing money for players looked like a "managing customers" bit as if we are a bit thick, we know we are to the pin of out color with regulation. Though come July 1st we have a little flexibility.

The only way we get significant transfer money to spend in a takeover is if they can come up with a strategy to pump a commercial deal into us or do an asset strip. Otherwise you are looking selling crown jewels - which is where are anyway or asset stripping, they could buy Goodison or BMD (not the land) from the club and pump money in that way, or a creative sponsorship deal with what i believe are strong ties to China.

Not sure what youre talking about here?

Maybe i wasnt clear...I merely asked you what you thought we could be able to spend within the rules if we sold £100mil worth of players this window...

So I’m hoping the rumours about Zinchenko are true which mean we could be going into the new season with a starting Midfeild 3 of Winks, Zinchenko & Doucoure.

Dele playing on the left just off DCL and hopefully we get a new winger in with a better end product.

But that’s a much better midfield, especially on the ball.

Not sure what youre talking about here?

Maybe i wasnt clear...I merely asked you what you thought we could be able to spend within the rules if we sold £100mil worth of players this window...

Its the way new owners could put money into the club given our regulatory position.

Very simply after July 1st i think we are between 85 -95 million into the 105 loss P&S threshold heading into the new year, so i think we have 10-20 mill flexibility from July before sales, but we are also likely to make a loss this year, so if we sold a 100 million, id say our scope would be about 50 odd mill, depending on book price net etc.

Its the way new owners could put money into the club given our regulatory position.

Very simply after July 1st i think we are between 85 -95 million into the 105 loss P&S threshold heading into the new year, so i think we have 10-20 mill flexibility from July before sales, but we are also likely to make a loss this year, so if we sold a 100 million, id say our scope would be about 50 odd mill, depending on book price net etc.

The correct answer is several hundred million.

Status
Not open for further replies.