2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with the first scenario - Johnson and Kenwright done a number on us.

The horse had already long bolted the stable by the time Moshiri came along - even if we had spent the money wisely we'll have only bobbled around 5th-7th for a few seasons before having our players/manager cherry picked like Leicester and find ourselves in midtable.

Teams like us / Leicester / Villa etc will have cycles of sniffing around europe to being midtable dwellers but the rules in place firmly keep everyone outside of those golden goose top 4 or so places. May get a fluke season but thats it too much in these clubs favour including this new 5 sub rule which is a joke.

The scab 6 will rack up the points next season.
Come on mate, you know im not anti-Mosh, the investment he gave us was enough to get us at least fighting for 4th, its almost impossible to spend the money as badly as we did, truly remarkable.

But we blew it.

Agree with the first scenario - Johnson and Kenwright done a number on us.

The horse had already long bolted the stable by the time Moshiri came along - even if we had spent the money wisely we'll have only bobbled around 5th-7th for a few seasons before having our players/manager cherry picked like Leicester and find ourselves in midtable.

Teams like us / Leicester / Villa etc will have cycles of sniffing around europe to being midtable dwellers but the rules in place firmly keep everyone outside of those golden goose top 4 or so places. May get a fluke season but thats it too much in these clubs favour including this new 5 sub rule which is a joke.

The scab 6 will rack up the points next season.

It doesnt take much to turn things around quickly as weve seen with both Spurs and Arsenal.

Theres a world where things click under Lampard with some new signings and we have up to 9 players around the England squad.

You never know in this game.

Get your calculator out and try again.
My maths is ok, the source seems the issue.

lolss.jpg

I suppose we will find out soon enough. I'll believe it when I see it.

FWIW I doubt he would be backup.

He will fit your system very well, and is similar to Son. Hes not like a genius, but does what he does very well. He is getting 10+for us every year, and will likely get more for Spurs. That's league goals too.

Spurs
2016 - 2022 / Player sales 243m / Players bought 504m / Net 261m
Everton
2016 - 2022 / Player sales 315m / Players bought 557m / Net 242m

Erm.

No idea, I dont trust those figures and I made them.
I would say our issue in recent years has been down to the fact we took most of our players through one of the most dubious agents ever to grace the football world, so dubious that he is not actually allowed a proper agents license anymore. He fed us a stream of bang average injury prone cast offs who he moved on and used us to make money from and we got stuck with these players on massive wage packets. The reality was that when appointing a DoF whether that was Walsh or Brands both should have been given a chance to build their own networks rather than being told who to sign from the boardroom.

Come on mate, you know im not anti-Mosh, the investment he gave us was enough to get us at least fighting for 4th, its almost impossible to spend the money as badly as we did, truly remarkable.

But we blew it.

Temporarily, but with FFP stops long term growth.

Had we signed a starting 11 of top 4 quality players (and a few decent squaddies on the bench) you would have to be paying them what? 120k-200k a week deals to keep them at the club long term? How do we do that with FFP?

To keep building like Liverpool did and add a £70 million CB, £65 million GK and £88 million CF - how can we do that with FFP?

you'll never see a club outside the current scab 6 (and maybe Newcastle if they can dope their sponsers like Citeh/PSG have) build a 5-10+ year dynasty of regular CL finishes and title pushes.

Leicester won the title and have qualified for the CL on 1x occasion (the year they won the title) despite getting everything spot on in terms of recruitment and they've started to decline after only a few years. Once Vardy hangs his boots up thats them back fighting for 7th-10th as they were last season.

Thats the farce of the system - you cant increase revenues without sustained success - how can you have sustained success when the rules in place make it near impossible?

If he signs for Spurs he will be first choice.
That's far from guaranteed. He's not starting over Son and Kane (can everyone please agree on that?) which leaves Kulusevski. To start Kulusevski has the upper hand being a true RW. He's also got to be better though and Kulusevski was damn good after joining last year.

Temporarily, but with FFP stops long term growth.

Had we signed a starting 11 of top 4 quality players (and a few decent squaddies on the bench) you would have to be paying them what? 120k-200k a week deals to keep them at the club long term? How do we do that with FFP?

To keep building like Liverpool did and add a £70 million CB, £65 million GK and £88 million CF - how can we do that with FFP?

you'll never see a club outside the current scab 6 (and maybe Newcastle if they can dope their sponsers like Citeh/PSG have) build a 5-10+ year dynasty of regular CL finishes and title pushes.

Leicester won the title and have qualified for the CL on 1x occasion (the year they won the title) despite getting everything spot on in terms of recruitment and they've started to decline after only a few years. Once Vardy hangs his boots up thats them back fighting for 7th-10th as they were last season.

Thats the farce of the system - you cant increase revenues without sustained success - how can you have sustained success when the rules in place make it near impossible?
The right way = buying players like Richarlison, hell even DCL, watching their value grow and then selling them
The wrong way = breaking your transfer record on a 28? year old from Swansea, spending 27m on a Striker from Turkey, giving Arsenal, a rival, 34m for Iwobi, I could go on.

I could list the failures we have made, the list would be quite long and it would highlight the mistakes we made, but you know who they all are, 27m Bolaise, giving Sandro 120k a week, 60m for Gomes, Doucs and Allan.

Im not saying ALL those players I mentioned are bad, im just saying, given a HUGE amount of hindsight that we could have spent 557m over the last 6 years much, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.