Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to tell if he’d be an okay signing or a terrible one without knowing what else will happen in the window.

He’s just a very average nothing player really. I wouldn’t mind as he’d probably walk into our midfield but when you see his injury record it takes any value away from it.

There’s better out there.

Couldn't disagree more. We would be in the Championship now without him in the team this season. You obviously cannot remember his contribution prior to his injury.

And don't give me the Nil satis rubbish. We haven't been shopping for the best since the 80s. What Nils Satis Nisi Optimum means to me is that if you pull on that Royal Blue shirt, you give everything you have as a minimum. Gray did that when he played this season - one of few who could say they same.
Exactly. He got injured and lost his form mid season, cam back into a wretched side.

I suspect we are in a minority, perhaps a significant one , but a player like Winks who retains possession and can pass the ball is something that we don't have. Play him with a more dynamic player like Gallagher and you have the makings of a midfield.
Honestly, and I'm not having a pop (promise), what does he do that Homes doesn't?

Winks looked good under Poch because of Mousa Demebele. Now that was a proper midfielder.

Last edited:
….would you see Winks as an Osman type of player? By that, I mean a player comfortable and composed receiving the ball in deep positions and transitioning defence into attack.

Not a tackler or interceptor, I call them Transition players. The Portuguese lad we’re linked with looks similar but has more scope. Osman made the difficult look easy and had terrific quality that also allowed him to score goals, Winks isn’t as good..

Bloody hell what I wouldn't give for an Osman type of player. Quality on the ball, worked hard off the ball, understood tactically what was asked of him, great team player, 2 footed and scored a fair few.

To think, back then a lot of people thought he was average, he'd look like bloody Rivaldo in our current side!!

Love this club. “Yeah we’ll loan your gash player and then we’ll buy him next season…hahaha this is accounting mastery we’re taking the piss out of these guys”

Meanwhile Levy is lighting his cheapest cigar in celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.