Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winks obviously hit the big time early a little bit like dele lost his way if lampard thinks he can improve him I personally would be willing to give me a chance especially on the back of what he did with young players at Chelsea
What a job Frank’s done with Dele, what a world beater he’s turned him in to.

Dele, Gray, Winks - cornering the market in players who came through young, did well, were massively hyped and then….tailed off season on season on season.

Ramming our team full of these types is nuts. Based on this reasoning Tom Davies is worth sticking in the starting 11 because he was good 3/4 seasons ago. Except nobody would say that because we actually watch Davies.

Got anything that is not 4 years old?

Everton fans = we got the team over the line with our support

Everton fans = we must stop the signing of a player our manager wants.
Yes because the fans turn up and back the players on match day.

If you think we can’t criticise or call out the poor decisions being made time and again by people employed by our club and paid millions of pounds to make those decisions - the decisions that got us into the relegation problems you refer to - then you’ve another thing coming.

Yes because the fans turn up and back the players on match day.

If you think we can’t criticise or call out the poor decisions being made time and again by people employed by our club and paid millions of pounds to make those decisions - the decisions that got us into the relegation problems you refer to - then you’ve another thing coming.

With respect how on gods planet do you know signing Winks is going to be a poor decision? Unless you can look into the future, then if so, can I have this week's lottery numbers please?

Winks is not exciting but he better then what we have in midfield so if we are short of options then get him in as cheap as possible.

We really need to buy teams best players like we did with rich from Watford but not sure we can anymore. Just raid the championship, lots of young quality players in that league.

With respect how on gods planet do you know signing Winks is going to be a poor decision? Unless you can look into the future, then if so, can I have this week's lottery numbers please?
"The people running the club know more than some random poster on the internet" is a theme sometimes raised on here and other forums.

The we sign players like Gbamin, Tosun, Sandro, Siggurdson, Niasse, Walcott, Alcaraz, El Ghazi, Rondon, Bolasie, Cuco Marina, etc etc etc.

Foolish and reductive argument this.
It’s a forum for debate and there will always be different opinions.
Ad hominem attacks , playing the man and not the ball , is a poor way to debate any subject and usually masks a weakness in the attackers position.
All managers make mistakes whether it’s Catterick, Kendall or indeed Lampard.
Most of us on here have accumulated a fair few years of watching and playing football (it’s not an overly complicated pastime at heart ) and can formulate our own opinion on the desirability or not of prospective signings.
Like the manager’s our opinion may prove to be erroneous, but we should have the right to debate it.
A football forum would be a tedious place if we all agreed on everything.

I’m not keen on the lad by any means but we’ve been through this before, many weren’t keen on James McCarthy and he turned out to be good, when he could stay off the treatment table. Likewise Gareth Barry, some doubts, turned out to be one of the best signings not named Lukaku that Martinez made

Sometimes players just need a move to reinvigorate themselves under a manager who will lift their confidence. We saw what that did for Iwobi in the latter half of the season, maybe lightning strikes twice?

Lampard has a long way to go before he earns my trust.
That would be true for any new manager but it’s doubly so for a cockney manager.
Let’s how we go before we start blindly endorsing this wide boy.

I like Fronk but the simping over him from some is all a bit ?.

Lets judge after he's had a full 12 months at the club and a summer window to try build his own side.

Winks obviously hit the big time early a little bit like dele lost his way if lampard thinks he can improve him I personally would be willing to give me a chance especially on the back of what he did with young players at Chelsea

Winks isnt a young player so don't see the relevance?

Winks is not exciting but he better then what we have in midfield so if we are short of options then get him in as cheap as possible.

We really need to buy teams best players like we did with rich from Watford but not sure we can anymore. Just raid the championship, lots of young quality players in that league.
And Keane, and Sigurdsson, and Klassen and Lookman, and Sandro, and Vlasic, and Tosun and Bolasie……
Need to be a bit shrewder than that to avoid of the mistakes of the past imo.

Lampard has said he wants to play more possession football.

Winks, whilst not being the most glamorous signing will help with that.

His pass completion & dispossessed stats are quite decent. He gets on the ball a lot and produces a lot of forward passes.

With delph gone we need this type of player in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.