Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard has said he wants to play more possession football.

Winks, whilst not being the most glamorous signing will help with that.

His pass completion & dispossessed stats are quite decent. He gets on the ball a lot and produces a lot of forward passes.

With delph gone we need this type of player in the squad.
I must admit I haven’t seen him play that much, and when I have I haven’t seen many forward passes.

Looks like the English Schneiderlin to me.

Couldn't disagree more. We would be in the Championship now without him in the team this season. You obviously cannot remember his contribution prior to his injury.

And don't give me the Nil satis rubbish. We haven't been shopping for the best since the 80s. What Nils Satis Nisi Optimum means to me is that if you pull on that Royal Blue shirt, you give everything you have as a minimum. Gray did that when he played this season - one of few who could say they same.
As we will see in 2022/23, Gray will prove not to be up to what is required. He's merely the latest example in a the lineage of Davies, Gomes, and Holgate: players who fans bigged up consistently, persevered with way beyond the evidence before their eyes, and then, reluctantly, began to admit what anybody with an eye knew to be true: this fella isn't good enough.

As we will see in 2022/23, Gray will prove not to be up to what is required. He's merely the latest example in a the lineage of Davies, Gomes, and Holgate: players who fans bigged up consistently, persevered with way beyond the evidence before their eyes, and then, reluctantly, began to admit what anybody with an eye knew to be true: this fella isn't good enough.
Good enough for what? For the Premier League? He absolutely is. Can he be coached? I absolutely think he can. Can he make a positive impact in games? Yes he has shown he can be a match winner. Therefore, I am ok with him at the club.

Successful teams are not always successful because they have the most talented player available in every position. They are successful because they play to the strengths of the players they have. Our squad problem at the moment is that we have to make too many compromises in setup, tactics and formation to get the best out of the players we do have. Gray is just fine.

This lad might be a useful addition, even if it's just to give us another option. I'm sure we would all rather have a young version of Gana, but who knows, we might have someone lined up.

We do need to stick to our guns with Spurs though. 12 month loan and no cash up front. If they hold any hope of signing Richey
from us, any deal has to benefit Everton.

Given the choice, I'd rather be dealing with Chelsea and picking from their young fringe players to make a deal.

What’s where he’s from got to do with anything?

No one can help where they are born and brought up.
I have an inherent dislike of cockneys I’m afraid.
Plus I can’t understand a word they utter.
I should add that I have grandchildren who are half cockney and they have uncles who are matchgoing Spurs fans.
Still don’t like ‘em.

Status
Not open for further replies.