Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's his current market value according to them. You cant make up further valuations by hypothetically including/excluding factors to try and suit your arguement.

You are making yourself look foolish again.
The point was more that he's not very good right now and that the only real appeal is that he's young. The value is almost entirely potential.

I’m not pontificating on the rights and wrongs of this; Could Gordon be “part of the conversation” with Spurs as somehow Everton have to find the dough for Dele Ali at some point and that might end up being part of a Richarlison, Ali, Gordon, Winks, Cash bun fight? I mean, plenty of options there, but that may be a way that Ali becomes affordable. Just saying.

The point was more that he's not very good right now and that the only real appeal is that he's young. The value is almost entirely potential.
It's not though. He has shown he can cut it at PL level last season, maybe bottom half standard currently, but still PL level.

Yet clubs like spurs who are in the champions league with a manager like conte are interested in them. Maybe he's the crazy one.
For the record Antonio Conte is an excellent manager but also 100% certifiably insane.

The Gordon part of it makes no sense to me if I'm being honest. I guess with Bergwijn now 24 and set to leave they have a hole in the "young winger who won't develop because we never play him" spot in the squad so Gordon fills that. But Spurs are in the CL, they can sign basically any winger they want that isn't currently playing for like 10 clubs and two pick to from a team that had no creativity to speak of last season is just really odd.

Gordon might be on Spurs radar but unless were in a more financial mess than reported then no way I see him going.

It's not though. He has shown he can cut it at PL level last season, maybe bottom half standard currently, but still PL level.
I would say he showed he's a borderline PL player unless he gets better (which I think he will). What I mean by borderline is starting him every week may or may not get you relegated.

Is Gordon your new Pickford?
Everyone is my new Pickford because our entire team stinks, badly, and the fact that people want 80m for Richarlison, 50m for Pickford and are now treating Gordon like he's right behind Foden as young talents go is just missing the mark on how bad this squad is.

Mina rumors are coming and people will talk about 25m and I'll be saying that is crazy too.

For the record Antonio Conte is an excellent manager but also 100% certifiably insane.

The Gordon part of it makes no sense to me if I'm being honest. I guess with Bergwijn now 24 and set to leave they have a hole in the "young winger who won't develop because we never play him" spot in the squad so Gordon fills that. But Spurs are in the CL, they can sign basically any winger they want that isn't currently playing for like 10 clubs and to pick to from a team that had no creativity to speak of last season is just really odd.
I'd probably take contes opinion on the soccer ball over yours though if I was pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.