Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not stopping supporting the club. I just say mean things about us because we suck and Blue to the bone pinhead that he is has decided that means I hate Everton.

I don't hate Everton, I think I should put that on record at this point, but I do find the current set up to be really lacking in enjoyment.

loling at the fact you’ve had to type this.

I watch every match though. You do understand that in the US we get every match right? There is no Saturday 3pm rule. I watched like 35 of the league matches start to finish. I think that qualifies me to judge players or do I have to lean around a beam in the Bullens first?

I go to NFL games. It is different than TV because TV doesn't show the defensive backfield basically ever. It is the same as how in football the backline will spend periods of the game out of frame. So I get that you can't really see everything the same way. BUT I would never suggest that someone's opinion counts less because they only watch on TV. Just flat out won't do it. It's wrong, demeaning and doesn't serve the sport to gatekeep who does and doesn't get to enjoy it and care about it.

So whatever, I can't change how you think, if we're all lesser to you over here than so be it. I'll continue to discuss things on here with those I do get on with.

Thats exactly what I mean with footie. Watching 35 games on TV is bettered by watching one game actually live.

But its a Transfer thread, so apologies for blowing it off course.

Ive not been to an Everton game in years.

The key difference when watching a game is the atmosphere -- not only that the supporters enjoy...but that the players are handling and the "feeling" of whats about to happen which again, filters to the players...it can be player/fan driven.

Ive never been to an NFL game. Ive watched alot of TV. The difference with their stop / start nature is going to be the atmosphere.

Those last games at the end of the season it was the fans who caused the atmosphere which affected the players. Those home games must have been mad.

Back in the years where we werent looking clever, the atmosphere sometimes was such that the opposition players probably were worried about getting out of Goodison alive.

Thats no exaggeration. The Goodison crowd can MASSIVELY affect games.

To make this relevant to the thread...

You have Richarlison and Gordon tracking back and giving alot of energy with effectiveness and a threat against the opposition...it gets the crowd on side.

You have Iwobi run up/down but with limited effectiveness no one is out of their seat.

Having such players like a Rooney, Cahill or Kanchelskis gets the fans going...which can galvanise the team to hit 110% effort and confidence.

We dont see that on a screen. Unless its the recent home games when the singing/shouting was so loud it was clear.

If KLP at Hull is valued at £30mil and isnt as highly rated as Gordon then thats below the starting point hed be valued at.

Gordon is going nowhere though and hopefully KLP is Richarlisons replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.