2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the BBC saying we've sold richarlison for 50m, and then in the next sentence saying that we signed him from Watford for 50m in 2018?

The media are obsessed with our spending, and literally manipulating figures (total vs up front etc.) to make it look worse. They never refer to the RS purchases as total fees, but they do so when they sell players.

nobody likes us

I think we were more reliant on Lukaku myself. Rooney maybe not as he was a kid.
I guess the difference here is that - while Lukaku was a far better player - and as much as we relied on him, we had finished 7th, not 16th, when we sold him. And we still ended up appointing Fat Sam cause our owner panicked.

We are as reliant on Richarlison than we were on Rooney or Lukaku. And they both went to big club. So its a bit different this time for me.

They might have been better players but I think this sale leaves us with the weakest of the 3 squads.
Spurs are a big club, please accept this.

They aren't an elite club, but Richarlison isn't good enough for those. He's good enough for that second-tier of side and only Spurs matched our valuation. Unfortunately, no team abroad that is in that second tier could afford him, because we - justifiably so - wanted £60m for him, one way or the other.

They aren't an elite club, but Richarlison isn't good enough for those. He's good enough for that second-tier of side and only Spurs matched our valuation. Unfortunately, no team abroad that is in that second tier could afford him, because we - justifiably so - wanted £60m for him, one way or the other.
They are big yeah, but not a top club. They haven't won a title in longer than us.

You don't join spurs to win trophies

bigger than us, richer better, attractive

no brainer for richy

Status
Not open for further replies.