Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours were that him and Pogba were the ones responsible for leaking information from the united dressing room. Plus he’s screwed over some of his family members in the past. He used to give out clothes and money to his local community in Warrington at a time but then stopped it all and started charging them for clothes.

The first part, rumours, not actually known. If true, not good but we have no idea.

The second part, rumours, not actually known. You’re passing on third or fourth hand information as fact. Also, simply not relevant to his value as a player for us.

We have had unsavoury individuals lauded while playing for us. Look at Pienaar’s antics for a prime example. Nobody seemed to object to him playing.

Outside of Everton, Cristiano Ronaldo has allegedly behaved disgracefully in the past and paid for people’s silence to cover his tracks, and yet he carries on playing. Would anybody object to him signing for us ?

People need to separate what is actually important. If Thelwell and Lampard want him they’ve clearly evaluated the situation and would have a far better picture than any of us based on rumours and speculation. His off field exploits are being used to justify not wanting him when the focus should only be on his ability to contribute to the performance of the club on the pitch.

The first part, rumours, not actually known. If true, not good but we have no idea.

The second part, rumours, not actually known. You’re passing on third or fourth hand information as fact. Also, simply not relevant to his value as a player for us.

We have had unsavoury individuals lauded while playing for us. Look at Pienaar’s antics for a prime example. Nobody seemed to object to him playing.

Outside of Everton, Cristiano Ronaldo has allegedly behaved disgracefully in the past and paid for people’s silence to cover his tracks, and yet he carries on playing. Would anybody object to him signing for us ?

People need to separate what is actually important. If Thelwell and Lampard want him they’ve clearly evaluated the situation and would have a far better picture than any of us based on rumours and speculation. His off field exploits are being used to justify not wanting him when the focus should only be on his ability to contribute to the performance of the club on the pitch.

Totally agree, I said in an earlier post that he’s the type of player we need from a playing perspective. The outrage with us been linked with him, is based on his personality more than a playing side. He certainly improves us as a team when on the pitch. He’s got pace, can finish, makes great runs, opens up space, can cover few positions. We’ve been crying out for ages for a player like him for a while.

He’d certainly be a whipping boy for our fan base if he has a few bad performances. Be interesting to see how he’d fit in the dressing room. Seems like that dressing room needs more fighters and balls than people more interested in creating a new dance.

His onfield antics is all I’m bothered about. As long as he doesn’t bring the club into disrepute off the pitch I really couldn’t care what he does off the pitch if he does the business on it.

You have sold it to me. Let’s bring him in, re-sign Gylfi and put an offer in the Greenwood.

Seriously though Lingard strikes me as the type that will drag this out for his ego and then make a Hazard/Griezmann style announcement on his instagram

Interesting comments from Mourinho back when he was at United. Mourinho the guy infamous for slating players who he sees as not contributing.

“He is the funny one that doesn’t disturb the class. He is the funny one that the teacher isn’t upset with.

“He is the one that makes things work and in the right moment he is positive.

“He makes everyone in the class laugh and creates a good atmosphere that we always want. I was also a school teacher and I know what it means.

“We like funny people that make everyone happier. We don’t like the naughty ones who disturb everyone as they learn.”

But what does Mourinho know.

I think Lingard could be a great signing if done on reasonable salary and contract. It's like everything, nobody truly knows until it's proven.

Totally agree, I said in an earlier post that he’s the type of player we need from a playing perspective. The outrage with us been linked with him, is based on his personality more than a playing side. He certainly improves us as a team when on the pitch. He’s got pace, can finish, makes great runs, opens up space, can cover few positions. We’ve been crying out for ages for a player like him for a while.

He’d certainly be a whipping boy for our fan base if he has a few bad performances. Be interesting to see how he’d fit in the dressing room. Seems like that dressing room needs more fighters and balls than people more interested in creating a new dance.

Not at £150k a week we don't.

This. Why are middle aged men outraged by a younger man, from a different background being interested in social media? To get to being a professional footballer at all you need loads of application and sacrifice.
Dancing, Tik Tok, fashion: sound. Would you prefer them to spending the afternoon in the pub gambling? Probably not.
It’s boring being a professional footballer outside of matches and a laugh in the changing rooms. They need something to do which doesn’t ruin their bodies.
The nonsense spouted about Dom etc etc does my head in.
Lingard, I think he’d improve our team loads. If he isn’t going to destroy the dressing room then I’d sign him tomorrow.

You have sold it to me. Let’s bring him in, re-sign Gylfi and put an offer in the Greenwood.

Seriously though Lingard strikes me as the type that will drag this out for his ego and then make a Hazard/Griezmann style announcement on his instagram
Mate, ALLEGED (needed to be said) rape or grooming of minors are not the same as being a tit come on.
Rooney was a tit, cheated on his mrs etc. but we’d all have prime Rooney in the team.

This. Why are middle aged men outraged by a younger man, from a different background being interested in social media? To get to being a professional footballer at all you need loads of application and sacrifice.
Dancing, Tik Tok, fashion: sound. Would you prefer them to spending the afternoon in the pub gambling? Probably not.
It’s boring being a professional footballer outside of matches and a laugh in the changing rooms. They need something to do which doesn’t ruin their bodies.
While I agree with the spirit of your post I would say that being a professional footballer is in the bottom 0.00001% of boring professions and lifestyles

Status
Not open for further replies.