Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If players are out of contract then unless clubs get together and refuse to pay it(aint gona happen) then its the route most clubs will be going down. We've just agreed to pay a 29yr old who got relegated 100k a week.

Clubs are the fools for paying it but you will always get one club that will do the deal behind anothers so it wont change.
I don't think tarkowski is as much of a risk as Lingard. Defensive players generally have longer careers at the highest level. Lingard would be much more of a risk and could potentially be a player on the decline stuck on a big contract.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-185002_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-185002_Google.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 159

He said Everton was a last resort specifically due to the club's currently unresolved financial problems. Seems eminently reasonable to me, but admittedly I'm not the most delicate flower.

He said Everton was a last resort specifically due to the club's currently unresolved financial problems. Seems eminently reasonable to me, but admittedly I'm not the most delicate flower.
Well he didn't have to say anything of the sort especially when there's hardly a queue of ardent admirers fighting over him. Perhaps arrogance and naivety fuel his mindset...strange in a player who is nearly 30 but who knows.

I thought we'd had enough fingers burnt buying other clubs discarded "fades"... Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Delph... and drip feeding them the megabucks they've demanded.

Just heard today that his agent approached Newcastle first (funny about that) wanting 180k per week, after being laughed out of Tyneside he was at Spam with an requirement of 150k per week

When he stated we were the last resort we probably offered 80k with an extra year, so 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.