New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah, imagine this, its November, its freezing, weve just lost 1-3 at home to a promoted team. Half the Park end and Gwladys who wouldve been in the Brick by 74 mins are gonna stick around to watch a glorified open mic night in a stadium concourse, still fuming at what they just witnessed. People who have a 2 hour journey back to Wales or the midlands are gonna say, "Nah, we might as well stick around in the stadium to watch Southampton vs Spurs on the 17.30 game", thats even if the are allowed to broadcast it.

Its fanciful and pie in the sky and depends on numerous factors that simply cannot be controlled, even if they serve food and drink at regular pub prices.

At best, they can leave the concourse open past half time to full time, and hopefully get a bit more business, and they might be able to serve more people in a faster amount of time, but a lot of people who wont pay £10 for a pint and a cardboard sausage roll arent going to pay £20 for a pint and a Halloumi wrap.

Keeping people behind would need some proper planning and thinking, like building a series of designated pubs and restaurants in the vacinity that the club own and run or lease to other businesses.

Existing pubs should do ok out of it like, and Costco is gonna be a nightmare from 5pm onwards on Saturdays.
I do think we could have been a first in having proper pub like facilities for GA though suppose that may collapse the propositions they're planning for hospitality.

we have a handfull in the league hardly any midweek, most will be moved to a sunday, as for league cup, it wont sell out untill semis

The thing is, Twickenham doesn't really have ANY night games, has access from all sides, doesn't have the potential for clashing fans, nor using same access/eggress points. If we ever get into Europe, all games will be at night. Then, staggering leaving times to aleviate congestion might not really be an option.

Thats what i was wondering, i assume its a licencing thing.
They wont allow the Lumpen to consume or imbibe alcohol for fear of the Lumpen rising up!

To be fair, witnessing the affects of alcohol on normally sane and calm people over many years, offering it to very annoyed Evertonian's would not be a wise move!

I also think you are correct re- licensing laws

Well that's a disappointment..... thought the number would be closer to 60k. If we want to compete commercially, it pains me to admit that we should be looking at the seating capacity of piss mountain as a barometer.

It should only take a few years before the point is proven that it is okay to relax the rules but still even with the kind of numbers that they will allow for the foreseeable, we'll still be looking at around 57k maximum.

If we had the same amount as them they'd get an inferiority complex and extend it again so I wouldn't get too hung up over it, that said our traditional competitors all went from smaller stadiums than Goodison to at least 60k. The fact we have gone 7k under that figure when we make less money commercially anyhow smacks as giving up. This has been aided by our own fan base who would be up in arms if it only has 55k in during some games.

If we ever do decide to try and extend in future you can bet the cost will be 3/400 million and we won't be able to. Short term thinking I'm afraid.

They'll be karaoke after games at BMD

'All in all its just another brick in the wall'
The scenario is that people will stay at the ground for hours after the game.

If people have a few hours to spare post match they're more likely to get themselves into town and spend it there. There'll defo be no captive audience at the stadium of tens of thousands. And people will still have to make their way home after that, so why not do it from the centrality of town where they'd be headed to in any case (most wont live in Vauxhall or Kirkdale to make that not the sensible choice).

I'm just making the point that the build up at the wall exits is going to be immense.

Last edited:
It should only take a few years before the point is proven that it is okay to relax the rules but still even with the kind of numbers that they will allow for the foreseeable, we'll still be looking at around 57k maximum.

If we had the same amount as them they'd get an inferiority complex and extend it again so I wouldn't get too hung up over it, that said our traditional competitors all went from smaller stadiums than Goodison to at least 60k. The fact we have gone 7k under that figure when we make less money commercially anyhow smacks as giving up. This has been aided by our own fan base who would be up in arms if it only has 55k in during some games.

If we ever do decide to try and extend in future you can bet the cost will be 3/400 million and we won't be able to. Short term thinking I'm afraid.
I mean I'm not arsed they'd always have a bigger number as I don't class a load of out of town yokels with selfie stickass and i=pads as genuine "support". But to simply aim low as you say, reeks of us giving up. I wish the club had a greater aspiration to greatness. It's betraying our motto, as has been the norm for decades, sadly

Yeah, imagine this, its November, its freezing, weve just lost 1-3 at home to a promoted team. Half the Park end and Gwladys who wouldve been in the Brick by 74 mins are gonna stick around to watch a glorified open mic night in a stadium concourse, still fuming at what they just witnessed. People who have a 2 hour journey back to Wales or the midlands are gonna say, "Nah, we might as well stick around in the stadium to watch Southampton vs Spurs on the 17.30 game", thats even if the are allowed to broadcast it.

Its fanciful and pie in the sky and depends on numerous factors that simply cannot be controlled, even if they serve food and drink at regular pub prices.

At best, they can leave the concourse open past half time to full time, and hopefully get a bit more business, and they might be able to serve more people in a faster amount of time, but a lot of people who wont pay £10 for a pint and a cardboard sausage roll arent going to pay £20 for a pint and a Halloumi wrap.

Keeping people behind would need some proper planning and thinking, like building a series of designated pubs and restaurants in the vacinity that the club own and run or lease to other businesses.

Existing pubs should do ok out of it like, and Costco is gonna be a nightmare from 5pm onwards on Saturdays.

I understand that some fans will always go for an early dart, even when we've won 3-0 at home in August. Personally, I think I've left a game early once. A lot will always stay until the final whistle regardless of the result and the weather. If you do fancy a pint on a cold, rainy November afternoon why would you want to walk 15 minutes in the rain to risk a soaking rather than go for one under the stands in comfort?

Price wise, why do you assume they will be a rip off? If EFC want to make as much money from BMD as they can, then surely they'll have to pitch the beer prices comparable to the nearby pubs, or otherwise who's going to buy a pint for twice as much? Doesn't make sense. People would just roll up at 5 minutes before the kick off and leave right on the final whistle the way they do now. That's the beauty of the location. If we'd have moved to somewhere like Kirkby, they'd have had us by the short and curlies on that score but not when they will be so many places handy to the new ground.