Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted yesterday
Vault me if I'm wrong or close my account t come September 2nd

We will not spend hardly anything
And will be lucky to get a loan out of most prem teams

That's from a very very well established agent who has had several high profile clients at the club during moshiris reign he is also blue who I trust and is deeply worried from what he knows and hears on that level he works and wheel and deals

The club may well find themselves black balled ny other clubs due to ffp flirtations and other clubs fuming at the lack of punishment

Posted yesterday

That's from a very very well established agent who has had several high profile clients at the club during moshiris reign he is also blue who I trust and is deeply worried from what he knows and hears on that level he works and wheel and deals

The club may well find themselves black balled ny other clubs due to ffp flirtations and other clubs fuming at the lack of punishment
There are players on teams not in the premier league so who cares if teams in the league are upset. Look elsewhere, quality players and lower prices anyways.

Richarlison's fee covers the red ink in the ledger for last season. We don't roll that into this years books. And with certain* players having left, the % of turnover straight to wages has become manageable.
Mildly creative thinking time, Digne covered Mykolenko and Patterson. So this summer will be very similar to last summer, as we distance ourselves from the 3 year spending window for sustainability. Good thing is, Kean gets us a head start next year, we'll turn a few more contracts over, and its a season closer to BMD. We are basically on survival rations, Prem status the only goal, so it'll be the yoof in the cups and out early doors. Its not the fanfare and glory I want to pack Goodison off with but we are where we are because someone thought he'd emulate Peter Risdale and go crazy with the cash cannon.

We've got to hope theres three much poorer sides than us this season and we can keep DCL and Gordon and Grey fit. I don't reckon its going to be pretty.

Posted yesterday

I hope we are blackballed by other PL teams then we can do some proper scouting and not pay a premium for bang average players.

Posted yesterday

I could imagine this being an issue if we were trying to buy/loan off teams around us. Can’t see Chelsea or City caring if we want to do a deal with them as we are never going to be a threat.

Posted yesterday

Insert Weasel GiF.

Jokes aside mate, I hope your agent friend is wrong, though I can't say this would surprise me in the least.

The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham Hotspur last week allowed the proceeds of the transfer to be factored into their annual accounts. That meant Everton fell in line with the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules, and, more importantly, means the club will avoid the threat of punishment.

The ECHO also understands that claims Everton were forced to sell Richarlison due to a 'cash crisis and concerns they may struggle to keep servicing their wage bill without player sales' are incorrect.

The "story" doesnt make sense, in 1 sentence it said we sold Richarlison to fall in line with the rules.
And then the next it says we have no cash issues.

Pinch of salt for me.
We may have to rely on the youngsters!

The class of ‘22’

Status
Not open for further replies.