Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
…it’s an interesting point. I was thinking about this earlier;

We lose Richarlison and gain Tarkowski. Are we stronger?

The obvious answer is no, but we don’t have Benitez. I’m one who is a bit wary of Lampard, but Benitez tried to rip the club apart on and off the pitch. That won’t happen next season. I hope everybody pulling in the same direction might be enough to keep us safe.
I'll get lynched for saying this mate, but I actually think we are stronger with the out and in of Richy/Tarkowski

Tarkowski massively improves us at the back (see the results difference when Mina plays to when he's absent for a similar effect he will have)

Richy going means as of now either Dele starts or Gordon shifts to his best position on the left, depending on system both may happen.

Overall I think we gain more defensively thsn we lose offensive wise

I'll get lynched for saying this mate, but I actually think we are stronger with the out and in of Richy/Tarkowski
nervous-sign-of-the-cross.gif

Tarkowski massively improves us at the back (see the results difference when Mina plays to when he's absent for a similar effect he will have)

Richy going means as of now either Dele starts or Gordon shifts to his best position on the left, depending on system both may happen.

In reality, the question is, is the gap bigger from Richarlison to Gray, or Keane to Tarkowski.

…it’s an interesting point. I was thinking about this earlier;

We lose Richarlison and gain Tarkowski. Are we stronger?

The obvious answer is no, but we don’t have Benitez. I’m one who is a bit wary of Lampard, but Benitez tried to rip the club apart on and off the pitch. That won’t happen next season. I hope everybody pulling in the same direction might be enough to keep us safe.
Richarlison had flashes of brilliance and at other times total frustration. Tarkowski could be a good signing but the jury is out until we see what he can do in a blue shirt. We have a squad, whatever people say or the abuse they give, which can and should finish top half of the league. If there is no upsets similar to the Benitez meddling we can finish in a respectable position

Not a bad shout. Last couple of seasons I’ve (half jokingly) said get rid of the the lot.
Will be interesting to see if Richarlison simply wasn’t a good fit for the team, and if without him we are better.
He’s been my favourite player for the last few seasons but let’s be honest, we’ve been dreadful for the entire time. Thats not entirely on him of course, but something has been broken for some time. It will be interesting to see where this season takes us with the limited funds likely to be available.

Do people genuinely believe other clubs would blacklist us?

Unless we have previously defaulted on payments (we havent), then they won't care less. They know they will get their money, and they know if we overspend etc, we will face sanctions which would benefit them as well. They will be more than happy to take our money.

Windows been open for 9 days, we will be working on deals. Chill.

…yep, I’m a Richarlison fan but that’s a reasonable assessment. ‘Gaining more defensively than we lose offensively’ is certainly a view worthy of consideration.

i do think the massive negative impact of Benitez off the pitch is being underestimated. For his failings in terms of selection & tactics, I think Lampard is perfect to heal that divide. Players set against players, Finch Farm staff set against Finch Farm staff, Board members set against Board members, fans set against fans.

Benitez was a surprisingly poor coach (to me), but he was an obnoxious character negatively impacting the club at all levels. Without him from the off, we might be just good enough.

In reality, the question is, is the gap bigger from Richarlison to Gray, or Keane to Tarkowski.

Plus the added factor of chemistry between players.

I don't for example ever think Richy 'improved' players around him like Digne/Mykolenko, DCL or whoever played LCM

Say the way Baines/Pienaar improved each other or Son/Kane improve each other etc.

I do think Tarkowski improves the entire defence around him through organization, leadership etc.

You should be lynched for saying this. Yes defensively I agree but Richarlison will be a big loss. His consistent output in terms of goals still needs to be matched by the likes of Gray (only 1st half of the season), Gordon and Deli

Comes to something when even the Times say we haven’t got a pot to pee in.

Report said that whilst the £60m from Richy has helped to balance the accounts, we are waiting for the PL to tell us how much, if anything, we can spend this window.

Fantastic
Sorry but this is completely ridiculous.....

Since when is the PL an Ombudsman for finances. Or, as suggested, it would basically require a pl representative on our board or as DOFinances.

It's retrospective. We aren't working hand in hand with them proactively.

They absolutely don't tell us, "ok, you've done that and now you're allowed to spend X."

It's a free market with made up rules (that change according to the moveable feast). We're under the spotlight but, they know, as we do, the PL wants us in the League. If, for nothing else, we're always good to fill some column miles.

Mosh has his failures but, he's a money man and accountant on a high level. I trust him enough in this arena to run rings round the PL boys Club. Even if he wants to sell, it's in his interests to get this on an even keel. His accountancy manoeuvres so far suggest he can.

Ultimately, this is the question, isn’t it?

But would Tarkowski have saved us more than 10 of the goals we conceded last season? That’s what would be needed for a net gain over Richarlison.

Personally, I’m not so sure - but I certainly think it’s worth the debate.

More plausible, come the end of the window, might be Tarkowski + Richarlison’s replacement > Richarlison.

If Richie’s replacement gets 6 goals next season, and Tarkowski reduces our goals against by 5, then we’re ahead.

Ultimately, this is the question, isn’t it?

But would Tarkowski have saved us more than 10 of the goals we conceded last season? That’s what would be needed for a net gain over Richarlison.

Personally, I’m not so sure - but I certainly think it’s worth the debate.

More plausible, come the end of the window, might be Tarkowski + Richarlison’s replacement > Richarlison.

If Richie’s replacement gets 6 goals next season, and Tarkowski reduces our goals against by 5, then we’re ahead.
I like that logic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.