Votes: 161 32.7%
  • 16th-17th

Votes: 129 26.2%
  • 18th-20th

Votes: 134 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually can see what happened to villa happening to us. Right now I don't think there Is a worse team in the Premier league. Villa flirted with relegation and just stayed up and then finished rock bottom the next season. That could easily be everton this season.

Apart from the goalkeeper the whole team has very little. The defence is questionable particularly in the full back areas. The central midfield is awful. There is no good attacking midfielder the wingers are all inconsistent and poor and Gordon is massively overrated. Dcl hasn't been good for around a year and that's it.

If we try to look at that team subjectively and without giving players the benefit of the doubt but actually looking at how they play and their poor attitudes. It's a team bound for relegation unless if 4-5 good premier league standard players replace them. And I mean players like Connor Gallagher who have something about them. Not a Gilmour who could just be another Tom Davies.

With no more changes to the squad were 16-20 …. i.e relegation scrap

Could move into the next tier ( 11-15 ) with a couple of astute signings / injury luck / the odd decent VAR decision

Not at all hopeful at this point

Cripes .... I wrote the above before today's embarassement !
Honestly think the club's hope is to spend absolute buttons again and just to scrape by and not get relegated.
Reality is that we are currently worse than last year and can't afford to wait till Jan to reinforce or get rid of another manager. Whether your a glass half full or a bed wetter .... should be plain to see that changes need to happen before Aug 31 and the season start is absolutely crucial.

I didn't get excited when we scored 22 in a pre-season friendly, I'm not going to wet the bed because we let in 4 in another.

It is a pre-season friendly designed to get some fitness levels up, the result means absolutely nothing
Season starts in two weeks mate, we looked like we hadn't played football in about a decade

Season starts in two weeks mate, we looked like we hadn't played football in about a decade
I'd rather that happen now when it doesn't mean anything. I would hope Lampard has used these games to try out completely new tactics etc, which is why I take absolutely zero interest in how it went

Given the calibre of players we are linked with and should we bring some of those in , I’d say around 13th-14th.

I didn't get excited when we scored 22 in a pre-season friendly, I'm not going to wet the bed because we let in 4 in another.

It is a pre-season friendly designed to get some fitness levels up, the result means absolutely nothing
Of course it means something! They travelled to US for a promotion, for the fans down there and get tonked 0:7 in two games. For mentality so fragile like this "squad" have it will definitely work wonders.

Of course it means something! They travelled to US for a promotion, for the fans down there and get tonked 0:7 in two games. For mentality so fragile like this "squad" have it will definitely work wonders.
Yes, it can potentially have a negative effect on their mentality. I would expect that the positive physical outcomes would outweigh that.

Just because marketing companies would have us believe that pre-season tournaments and results mean something, they don't. Pre-season is about building match fitness. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.