Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad would make a really good centre midfielder. Left in a 442, but in our system I think he offers a great Left footed element in a 3.

He didn't really play as a winger for Burnley but in a 4 man central midfield more or less. Just drifted wide to utilise his crossing ability a lot.

I hope that's what Lampard and Thelwell are thinking rather than him being a Richarlison replacement.

Erm, what !?!

Interesting that Burnley were probably widely regarded as being one of - if not THE - best teams in the air in the league though, and he didn't get all these assists there? He's young and so could get better is about the best I can see about this deal. From what i've seen of him he's very average and probably causes more problems than he solves in our current set up, but it's possible that a change of environment and further development will see him kick on.

Everton trying to find their level after Richarlison, James and Ancelotti

Bfda.gif

Interesting that Burnley were probably widely regarded as being one of - if not THE - best teams in the air in the league though, and he didn't get all these assists there? He's young and so could get better is about the best I can see about this deal. From what i've seen of him he's very average and probably causes more problems than he solves in our current set up, but it's possible that a change of environment and further development will see him kick on.

Surely reading 47 chances created with 1 assist maybe points at the issue not lying with him.

for me it is clear: play him in a central midfield role, like 1 defensive CM and him and Doucs further forward so in a midfield three.
or indeed as a wing back.
If he is signed as a replacement for Richy we are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.