Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll never forget the feeling of watching him in that Europa League qualifier and realising that my suspicions were right and he was a complete turkey.

Rooney had a few big moments in that season but overall it wasn't enough, not for the money he was on or for where we were at the time (how depressing is it that it's only gotten worse since). Packing him off to MLS was definitely one if the decisions got right in his tenure.

I don’t want Barkley back in any way shape or form but I have no doubt he’d be better than the fat wheezing version of Wayne Rooney we signed in 2017. Wouldn’t score a good goal against West Ham in one game and a few pens though so no one would recognise it.

Oh really? Go look at the old Rooney thread, a decent amount of nostalgic posters loved him coming back here only to slowly realize he was a boiled turd long before he came back to Everton.
So if we were linked next week with a player who had the stats last season that he had in that season for us,you wouldn't be interested. What did Richardson do last season, remind me.

I don’t want Barkley back in any way shape or form but I have no doubt he’d be better than the fat wheezing version of Wayne Rooney we signed in 2017. Wouldn’t score a good goal against West Ham in one game and a few pens though so no one would recognise it.
Good goal against West Ham and just penalties?

Last edited:

Wasn't that because fat Sam moved him into midfield though.
I do believe you are right. Almost at DM positioning. This was probably due to Fireman Sam not believing Rooney had the legs anymore, and certainly not to keep it going for the rest of the season. That role he played did neither himself or the team any favours.
Didn't help his goals tally either, but Rooney didn't really help himself. He was shot, but couldn't/wouldn't accept it

But about Rooney,they were all penalties and lucky assists? Remind me of Richarlison's stats last season.

I’m specifically not talking about stats, I’m talking about the fact that Rooney was hilariously bad at football for us which is why we let him go to be an average player in the MLS and then Championship.

So if we were linked next week with a player who had the stats last season that he had in that season for us,you wouldn't be interested. What did Richardson do last season, remind me.
He didnt slowly jog around like a big tub of lard, i can tell you that much. And no, i wouldnt. He barely scored from open play, take away that hattrick and he scored how many that wernt pens? 4? Super impressive that. So absolutely no, i wouldnt not bring in a fat, slow, barely football playing manc on a giant salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.