• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….if these negotiations are going well, I believe it’s because the player really wants the move to happen and is happy to compromise on the terms of the contract.

if that is the case, I expect him and his family were very settled in the area and he knows the club well.

i have no doubts about his fitness, he’s one of those little blokes with a Duracell battery that don’t rely on pace & I’m not aware of him having any major injury concerns.

Yep, I’m ok if this link is true.

Last edited:
This is my concern. Got no issues having him here, granted under the right deal, but only if he's still himself.

His entire brilliance for us was speed, agility and stamina. If he's lost any of those he can barely kick a ball.
Remember watching him in the the AFCON earlier this year and being sad that we hadn’t still got him. Covered the ground effortlessly and seemed to be everywhere, more composed on the ball and a real leader. This would be great business imo

Remember watching him in the the AFCON earlier this year and being sad that we hadn’t still got him. Covered the ground effortlessly and seemed to be everywhere, more composed on the ball and a real leader. This would be great business imo

Aye I've not seen him once since he left us so can't really comment. I know age doesn't matter much when you're like Barry who never replied on pace but Gana always did. If he's still class then it's a big win for us on a loan/short deal.

Aye I've not seen him once since he left us so can't really comment. I know age doesn't matter much when you're like Barry who never replied on pace but Gana always did. If he's still class then it's a big win for us on a loan/short deal.

…I think he’s more relentlessly busy than pacy.

Regardless, if Lampard wants somebody for the back four screening role, he’ll actually have to be disciplined and not get drawn into areas.

He was a great foil for the defence and allowed the players up field to attack. What he lacks in ball playing he more than makes up for with tackling and interceptions. Could be our best signing of the summer once again.

If it's a free, I can understand the logic to a degree as the resale value becomes a moot point.

If we skip over the non-footballing stuff, my concern on more than a 1 year deal is that Gana is 33 in a couple of months. His game is reliant on his mobility. Anything more than a year is a concern, but it's hard to argue that he wouldn't improve us significantly right now.

He'd have to be on significantly less money than he's on at PSG though

Gana for free on a 2 year deal would be fantastic business given how bad our midfield is. He walks straight into the side, and funnily enough stops teams from walking through our midfield. It’s a very sensible signing if we look into succession planning.

Get this over the line and I’m starting to think it’s a decent summer. I’d want a creative mid coming in too ideally to play alongside him, someone who can take the ball off the defence and break the lines with their passing.

I've expressed my concerns about this and I hope the club are doing all due diligence to prevent future embarrassment. Most importantly, as with any signing but maybe more so with this one, Lampard needs to sign off on it, it can't just be a board signing. It's Lampard that has to sit there and field questions at press conferences, as he will, about whether he's signed a homophobe.

That said, he hasn't said anything publicly and what we think happened might not be what actually happened. It's a perfectly plausible explanation that PSG, being owned by a Muslim country came under pressure themselves not to "force" a Muslim player to wear a rainbow number and withdrew him themselves to avoid controversy for their owners.

Whatever happened needn't stop him playing for the club but the club should be absolutely sure of what did happen (and what will happen if we participate in similar gestures) rather than hoping it doesn't get brought up, but we know for sure the press absolutely will.
Yeah. We should definitely force all our players to wear poppies, take the knee, wear rainbow laces and do a minute of silence for the queen whether they like it or not.

This is England.

If it's a free, I can understand the logic to a degree as the resale value becomes a moot point.

If we skip over the non-footballing stuff, my concern on more than a 1 year deal is that Gana is 33 in a couple of months. His game is reliant on his mobility. Anything more than a year is a concern, but it's hard to argue that he wouldn't improve us significantly right now.

He'd have to be on significantly less money than he's on at PSG though

We need athleticism in the middle, we are far too slow there and vulnerable on the counter. I can understand the fans wanting him back, for me I am disappointed as it stinks of sentimental romanticism that has plagued the club for years. It’s a bit jarring imho.

I know money is a big issue here and the people responsible for that, I’m just disappointed there doesn’t seem to be other options, younger, quicker , better on the ball.

Sure he will have to compromise to a degree to get the move, if he wants it. He has the World Cup to consider as well and coming into a familiar if changed environment would allow him and his family to get back settled straightaway.

Without doubt he was the most effective and consistent player of ours in the last decade. It's absolutely worth it for 70% of that back.

Hope the likes of Andre Gomes are paying attention here. Players wanting to move to play football. Whatever next? Mind you, the World Cup is about as relevant to me as an armchair viewer as it is to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.