Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to keep Lampard for at least this season and not over react when we do lose 3/4/5 on the spin .. I think more than anything we need stability in the club

12th -14th would be acceptable given financial limitations. Below that and Lampard will be on shakes ground, above that and we should judge the season to be a sign of positive progress

I think we'll finish around 16th. I don't see an obvious replacement for Richarlison, who will be missed even if he is far from irreplaceable. It's just that we haven't replaced him. At all.

I see no evidence to suggest we will be much better than last season - unless we can see a significant reduction in absenteeism from key players due to injury/suspension/fashion shoots/rainbow jerseys.

I don't particularly rate Lampard - never have - but he's not the main problem here. That's upstairs. I fully expect another relegation battle, but the league is so feeble that there is also a possibility we could climb up to mid-table if Mina and DCL remain available for longer that the time it takes to fly to South America.

I think we'll finish around 16th. I don't see an obvious replacement for Richarlison, who will be missed even if he is far from irreplaceable. It's just that we haven't replaced him. At all.

I see no evidence to suggest we will be much better than last season - unless we can see a significant reduction in absenteeism from key players due to injury/suspension/fashion shoots/rainbow jerseys.

I don't particularly rate Lampard - never have - but he's not the main problem here. That's upstairs. I fully expect another relegation battle, but the league is so feeble that there is also a possibility we could climb up to mid-table if Mina and DCL remain available for longer that the time it takes to fly to South America.
A fit and available squad will make a difference of a few places.

I also think that surviving in the way we did will bring the squad together. The fans are also fully invested now, something which had vanished over the previous seasons. I feel the situation is entirely different.

The recruitment feels different too. We are balancing the squad, getting depth and filling positions that have been problematic. The big fee purchases have been for promising too, Patterson, Mykolenko and McNeill are full of potential. Vinagre is a no risk loan and Tarkowski is a leader. I’m more optimistic than I have been for quite a while.

By the way, I see this as taking a few windows. There is still a lot of work to do, but the signs are promising.

Without Gueye: 17th and FA Cup fourth round
With Gueye: 11th and FA Cup quarters

Liverpool will still be annoying and take six points off us and get every VAR decision imaginable.
I will get nowhere near the top of my work's FPL table despite being a total fluffer and captaining Salah.
Some 18-year old who just vaguely follows the RS will finish miles ahead of me at the top of said table.
England will ace the group stages but get their arses smacked by someone better than Panama in the knockouts.
I'll probably replace Vyvyan as my avatar with something else that millennials are clueless about.

Status
Not open for further replies.