• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he being called a homophobe ? Surely we have to respect everyone has rights. ... Some players refuse the knee when it was association with BLM everyone has rights. To do what ya do
I refuse to wear a poppy.
Apparently that is 'evidence' enough for some wierdo's to think that I'm some sort of a nazi sympathiser. :Blink: People are strange.

Why is he being called a homophobe ? Surely we have to respect everyone has rights. ... Some players refuse the knee when it was association with BLM everyone has rights. To do what ya do
Sure everyone has rights, but when you use those rights to refuse to wear a rainbow as part of an anti homophobia campaign then we have the right to call you a homophobe. This wasn't associated with a specific group that some don't like it was just a stance against homophobia. He refused to play twice because of a rainbow, not really hard to see why people are calling him a homophobe is it?

I refuse to wear a poppy.
Apparently that is 'evidence' enough for some wierdo's to think that I'm some sort of a nazi sympathiser. :Blink: People are strange.
If your work was honouring veterans and had a special uniform staff were to wear with a poppy or some other symbol honouring veterans on it and you refused to work that day because of it people would probably question you too.

If your work was honouring veterans and had a special uniform staff were to wear with a poppy or some other symbol honouring veterans on it and you refused to work that day because of it people would probably question you too.
If that hyperthetical scenario were to happen, would that make me a nazi sympathiser? NO is the answer BTW.
People can question all they like, but nobody has the right to just assume that he's homophobic i.e. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against gay people:
Has he stated that he dislikes gay people? (please supply quotes) Have you any evidence of him displaying a prejudice against gay people?

Because everybody has to be the same or there's something wrong with them.

Irony?

Gana can do what he wants as long as he's causing nobody any harm, his beliefs are his own and I respect him for that.

Personally all I care about is the 'Transfer Rumour' on GOT morphing to 'Confirmed Signing'.

He will be huge for us.

If that hyperthetical scenario were to happen, would that make me a nazi sympathiser? NO is the answer BTW.
People can question all they like, but nobody has the right to just assume that he's homophobic i.e. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against gay people:
Has he stated that he dislikes gay people? (please supply quotes) Have you any evidence of him displaying a prejudice against gay people?
He refused to play because there was a rainbow on his shirt. Twice. The rainbow was there as part of an anti homophobia campaign. If you don’t support a message against homophobia then what else can one conclude. He wasn’t asked to do anything different or special, make a speech attend a gay wedding or anything other than putting on his uniform only today the numbers are a rainbow colour.

I just don’t know how you come up with any other conclusion than he’s homophobic.

Because everybody has to be the same or there's something wrong with them.

Irony?

Gana can do what he wants as long as he's causing nobody any harm, his beliefs are his own and I respect him for that.

Personally all I care about is the 'Transfer Rumour' on GOT morphing to 'Confirmed Signing'.

He will be huge for us.
But don’t you see that him very publicly refuse to wear a shirt to stand against homophobia could hurt people. What does that do to a 13 year old massive fan of his who’s struggling with his sexuality? It’s a tiny gesture that is nothing for players to do that can do a lot of good. Refusing to wear it says something and can hurt.

He refused to play because there was a rainbow on his shirt. Twice. The rainbow was there as part of an anti homophobia campaign. If you don’t support a message against homophobia then what else can one conclude. He wasn’t asked to do anything different or special, make a speech attend a gay wedding or anything other than putting on his uniform only today the numbers are a rainbow colour.

I just don’t know how you come up with any other conclusion than he’s homophobic.
. . . and if you can't see that attempting to force or shame people into showing support for a cause (any cause) is just wrong, then perhaps I should conclude that you are a nazi. (see how it works now)

But don’t you see that him very publicly refuse to wear a shirt to stand against homophobia could hurt people. What does that do to a 13 year old massive fan of his who’s struggling with his sexuality? It’s a tiny gesture that is nothing for players to do that can do a lot of good. Refusing to wear it says something and can hurt.
It'd teach them a valuable life lesson.

People are different, isn't that what it's all about?

I dunno man, I'm not getting involved in this.

Come home GG.

The point is mate it should be down to personal choice to act or not to act. He can wake up one morning and decide to wear a rainbow shirt to make a statement, or he can not - he's free to make that choice.

But if someone comes up to him and coerces him to make a statement, he is unfairly put on the spot to comply, and thereby denied his right of choice in acting.

If your boss told you to put up a 'vote Tory' banner in your front window under inference that you'd be going against company policy not to, how would you react?

. . . and if you can't see that attempting to force or shame people into showing support for a cause (any cause) is just wrong, then perhaps I should conclude that you are a nazi. (see how it works now)
Oh I don't care if he supports the "cause" that is being inclusive and showing acceptance to a group of the community that has often not found that in football. I'd just sooner not have him at the club if those are his beliefs.

I appreciate some don't see it as that big a deal and that's fair enough.

The point is mate it should be down to personal choice to act or not to act. He can wake up one morning and decide to wear a rainbow shirt to make a statement, or he can not - he's free to make that choice.

But if someone comes up to him and coerces him to make a statement, he is unfairly put on the spot to comply, and thereby denied his right of choice in acting.

If your boss told you to put up a 'vote Tory' banner in your front window under inference that you'd be going against company policy not to, how would you react?
I would never put a tory banner in my window because I hate the tories. I'd have to have strong feelings against something to outright refuse to put it in my window for 2 hours. Thanks I think you helped me make my point.

And I see the rainbow numbers as more the club making a statement than the individual players. Refusing to wear it however does imo make a statement.

If it goes against his religion, I can totally see why he would refuse. Its kind of a big deal being devout in any walk of life. Just except it and move on...not everyone will come around to your way of thinking....and that should be fine too. Free speech and all that.

You do speak really well on the subject though, certainly made me think more ...and that's huge believe me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.