2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn’t end his obsession with an ultra negative back 5, it will eventually cost him his job.

He needs to get the balance right that back five is too negative for me, we look ok defensively but not enough threat in the final third. We shouldn't have been so cautious today but his hands are tied by forward options that's on the board.

Plenty for Lampard to ponder. The team clearly isn't set up right when we have 5 at the back. There just aren't enough players contributing in a positive way and consequently we are so passive.

Big game next week in what has been a tough start to the season.

If he doesn’t end his obsession with an ultra negative back 5, it will eventually cost him his job.
I don't see the point in sacking another manager the clubs issues are deeper like selling your talisman and not bringing a forward in

Lampard knows how the window works.

He knows we had to sell Richarlison before 1st July in order to replace him.

Hes also aware of the strides we are making to get a forward in.

I know that doesnt help us win games, but its sadly the reality.
The reality is that we had 6 weeks from Richarlion's sale to now to get a striker in.

It didn't happen and 6 points have been thrown away.

Got it all wrong today I’m afraid. Onana should’ve been on instead of Davies, McNeil and Gray should’ve been off at half time and I’d have taken Mykolenko off as well. Should’ve started with Vinagre honestly.

I know why he did what he did in terms of selection but the team looked a million times better with Dele and Onana in there and with Rondon up top even if he’s not the best you can see the difference just having someone there can make.

We're not playing relegation football, it's just 1 or 2 players he's forced to play making mistakes and costing us, once he gets Gueye and Onana bedded into the team and hopefully a striker we'll do alright, won't be pushing for top tier but should be comfortably mid table at minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.