2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeks of putting the feelers out there and using one of their reliable outlets to do so.

(I could be way off of course)

It shouldn't even be a conversation and it's the club's fault that it is...that was my point. If they (the club) had been carrying out their own due diligence, we WOULD have the luxury of time with him.
That's sound but we can worry about who is to blame another time. Right now we just need to end the window with the strongest squad possible, and if Lampard & Co think we can end stronger by accepting a silly offer, I'll worry about blaming the people responsible for putting us in this mess another time.

Never mind £50m, I'd snap their hands off for £30m. He'd never get the patience needed to turn into anything decent if he joined Chelsea, and right now he's a very, very average youngster with a predicable style of play and some quite unattractive sides to his game such as being extremely greedy, a bad decision maker and terrible diver.

You have to assume money is already there for a striker as no Director of Football in the world would sanction a big money centre midfield player when there isn't a striker in the squad.

Add £30-40m to that and we get a second striker and possibly two substantially better wingers than McNeil and Gray.

Possibly the most obvious sale in the history of football if somebody really is willing to pay close to our value for him.

to play devils advocate, 50 million right now would be a lot, but if Gordon was to have another impressive season, we could potentially coup 75 for him next summer
Tbh even if he had a good season say 9 assists and 7 goals would be a decent return if we got 75m for Gordon next year then football is well and truely ruined by money it already is to be honest. Players earning far too much too young and lose interest and hunger and turn into turd.

There is an extremely good player in there, but until he stops his diving in an attempt to get free kicks, when he's made the wrong decision, and stays on his feet, he'll never even get close to reaching his full potential. Yesterday typified his game. In the first half our attacks broke down, mostly due to Gordon trying to get free kicks but in the second half we played much better, in no part because he stayed on his feet and beat players. No way can Gordon play the lone striker he needs to be in a position where he has a bit of space or can move for the ball. When he got moved from CF to outside, he played better and our attacks looked more fluent.

Never mind £50m, I'd snap their hands off for £30m. He'd never get the patience needed to turn into anything decent if he joined Chelsea, and right now he's a very, very average youngster with a predicable style of play and some quite unattractive sides to his game such as being extremely greedy, a bad decision maker and terrible diver.

You have to assume money is already there for a striker as no Director of Football in the world would sanction a big money centre midfield player when there isn't a striker in the squad.

Add £30-40m to that and we get a second striker and possibly two substantially better wingers than McNeil and Gray.

Possibly the most obvious sale in the history of football if somebody really is willing to pay close to our value for him.

I'm of the mind that if DCL hadn't have gotten injured, we'd have had no intention of moving for a striker. I think FL was banking on him all-in, with our limited resources being directed elsewhere because "backup striker" was not a priority. It's lucky our injury prone striker got injured a month before the window closed not a week after it, so we our board/recruitment can pretend they were looking into striker options all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.