2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

But we come back to the crux of the matter...

Which is no matter how much money we could get, I do not trust the club in the slightest to reinvest the money wisely, especially not at this stage of the window. They are incompetent, have no plan and aren't capable of running a football club of our stature.
You can't make a bad decision because you fear you might mess up the next one

There's that, but then there's the school of thought that whilst the manager rates Gordon he thinks that money received can advance the team quicker than with Gordon in it for the next year or two.

To use the moneyball example, we're not replacing Gordon, we're replacing 3/4 goals and maybe half a dozen assists. That's very doable with 45/50m in your back pocket. It can be one, two or even three players. You're looking to replace his (weak) output.

He may go on to be a superstar, he may have already peaked.

If it were me I'd take the silly money all day at our current stage of rebuild.

Good point, understand exactly where your coming from. Moneyball is a great film

But we come back to the crux of the matter...

Which is no matter how much money we could get, I do not trust the club in the slightest to reinvest the money wisely, especially not at this stage of the window. They are incompetent, have no plan and aren't capable of running a football club of our stature.

We’ll end up lumping £40m for Morgan Gibbs-White or someone. I just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.