Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d absolutely snap their hand off for £50m. We all get carried away with the thought of his potential and how much more he could be worth to this team but I honestly think he’s at or near his ceiling already.

Virtually guarantee he’d be off on a freebie to the Champo at the end of his contract (after multiple underwhelming loans) if we sacked off this opportunity.

Honest question to anyone, why would you sell him? What is so irreplaceable? It’d be one of the best bits of business the club has ever done. Is it not that nice to lose an academy prospect, of course but in terms of a deal we really are not losing a lot but we’re gaining potentially so much.

If you genuinely don’t have faith in the club to replace a forward with 4 goals and 3 assists in his whole career with £40m+ in the bank then you must be an extreme pessimist. I think it’d be insanity to refuse it, pure biting your nose off to spite your face kind of stuff.

Well, if the £35M offer was made up, time to accept the £40m.
It was made up though mate, hopefully this isn't as it's huge money for someone with 1 top-flight season and not a lot of attacking output. IF Chelsea have bid £40m, I think we could get a bit more with Boehly trying to go big this summer

If any of this is going to happen it does need to happen quickly, probably by Tuesday, and a player needs to come in the same day - whether that's from elsewhere or a player coming from Chelsea. We cannot go into Forest with what we had on Saturday minus Gordon. We need minimum one player in who is ready to go.

I’d absolutely snap their hand off for £50m. We all get carried away with the thought of his potential and how much more he could be worth to this team but I honestly think he’s at or near his ceiling already.

Virtually guarantee he’d be off on a freebie to the Champo at the end of his contract (after multiple underwhelming loans) if we sacked off this opportunity.
I think too often he gets the ball and wants to impress, rather than just do something simple that'll help the team out.

I do think he'll be better with an actual striker to link to, none of our front three have been helped with that so far tbf to them

That logic just comes from confirmation bias mate, there is a liteany of cheaper homegrown 18/19 years old you can be signing for less then half of 100 mill - that premise is just illogical, not to mention Chelsea have almost two -3 full teams of full homegrown players out on loan - of all the teams in the world that could apply to Chelsea are the last. Why not go for like Nathan Broadhead for example.

So if we’re going of stats given Brojas, you would be against signing him. It’s like I said if we were signing someones of Gordon profile we would be saying “huge potential” because we produced him for some reason “no end product”. Look I’m going to be honest, I don’t know how anyone can watch him and not think he’s is going to be absolute quality - I honestly can’t, just can’t my head around it, it’s not even subtle, he tick so many boxes and he’s only beginning.

But look everyone has opinions,but we won’t agree on Gordon.

My take is, if we sell Gordon we may as well just pack up, because your building nothing and going no where - I don’t think we will because it would be turbo thick and while I think we are prone to stupidity, I don’t think we’ve hit turbo thick levels (yet).
I'd agree with you if he was Rooney-esque, but he's not (and even Rooney was sold!).

He's improved massively last season, for sure; great energy, works hard, runs around a lot etc etc, but he's 21 and he can't take a corner, doesn't have stand out football intelligence, already has a reputation as a diver (partly his own doing, partly because he doesn't have the physique to compete), doesn't score, doesn't assist etc etc.

Take away the "he's one of our own" and what do you really have? A young player who is average but could improve, maybe a little maybe a lot. Rooney was a generational talent you could build a team around, AG is just a good young player that wouldn't start regularly for any Sky Six club at the moment.

Either way, I don't believe there's any chance of this deal happening, so we're debating a pointless point I guess.

If Gordon is to go, there has to be deals in place for players coming in. We cant be doing another Richarlison where we let him go and 5 weeks later there is still no replacement.

Get deals agreed then sell if we are going to sell.
Yeah, we absolutely have to have players lined up. They have been working hard on that and the Gordon interest won't be completely out of the blue, so I imagine there is a set of options with the budget we have (Guirassy or whoever) and in the course of looking around they have found a set of options we could get with the budget we have plus 40-50 mil extra.

If one set of options improves us slightly and one set of options immediately massively improves us then they will have an easy decision, but it all has to be done decisively.

Status
Not open for further replies.